pulp

Guest LEDZEP66

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackcockerel

Are they not headlining Neil? If not then it puts their chances of headlining Glasto in doubt surely?

It was definitely live as he always makes a point of saying so if it is, plus he was talking to one of the demonstrators on the student protests last week, which obviously was after the announcement of their reformation.

Are they not headlining Neil? If not then it puts their chances of headlining Glasto in doubt surely?

They're not headlining IoW. Tho word we've had is that they're the most expensive act they've booked, but I can't guarantee that accurate.

But I don't think that necessarily means anything in regard to Glasto. Glasto has had bands headline before that have been announced further down the bill at other festivals for the same summer (eg: Muse - not headliners at V [and I think T?] the same year).

They're not headlining IoW. Tho word we've had is that they're the most expensive act they've booked, but I can't guarantee that accurate.

But I don't think that necessarily means anything in regard to Glasto. Glasto has had bands headline before that have been announced further down the bill at other festivals for the same summer (eg: Muse - not headliners at V [and I think T?] the same year).

Whilst fully aware that NME are not exactly renowned for their accurate reporting, why are they insisting that Pulp ARE headlining IoW and why are you so confident they are not (particularly given your stating that they are "the most expensive" act at IoW this year)? I am sure I'm missing something in the press release but I just wanted to check.

Personally I don't think it has any impact on their Glasto slot, which could easily be headlining either of the two "main" stages, or supporting on the Pyramid, or oldies slot (at a push) or (the dream) headlining West Holts (alright, I realise that is not ever going to happen but it would be awesome).

Whilst fully aware that NME are not exactly renowned for their accurate reporting, why are they insisting that Pulp ARE headlining IoW and why are you so confident they are not (particularly given your stating that they are "the most expensive" act at IoW this year)? I am sure I'm missing something in the press release but I just wanted to check.

Nothing in the press release says that Pulp are headlining.

The official IoW website has them listed in the sub-headliner slot.

The press release we had came with some personalised words from the PR who sent it, which said something about "the other headliners are announced over the following two days".

I can't 100% guarantee that we have it right, but every single detail indicates that we do have while NME have it wrong.

I know this isn't about Pulp but it relates in my head (great Britpop bands reforming, I suppose). I was reading the thing about Blur doing something small in the new year. Any chance of Damon and Graham doing a Thom and Johnny next year, Neil? Is it at all possible or am I living in a fantasy world. I have a recording from the "Great Xpectations" gig in 1993 (I think) when they performed as a duo acoustically and it was absolutely stunning. Would make a perfect guest slot at The Park.

On the plus side, it makes it far easier to play UNDER Prince or The Stones or U2 if you are playing UNDER Kasabian a couple of weeks before.

if what we've heard about the money Pulp are supposedly getting is true, then I'd think those pound notes will help soften any hurt to their ego.

Which of course isn't something that Glastonbury can match, so all options remain open.

I remain personally convinced (tho based on nothing in particular) that Prince is not doing Glastonbury this year. There's other options for 'an american headliner' which are a better fit (including acts not even rumoured on efests), tho of course it might even be the case that Eavis was referring to an act that's no6t actually the headliner (eg: Beyonce).

If I have to eat those words about Prince, I'm only doing it on sugar paper (:P) - I've not bet the house on it.

I know this isn't about Pulp but it relates in my head (great Britpop bands reforming, I suppose). I was reading the thing about Blur doing something small in the new year. Any chance of Damon and Graham doing a Thom and Johnny next year, Neil? Is it at all possible or am I living in a fantasy world. I have a recording from the "Great Xpectations" gig in 1993 (I think) when they performed as a duo acoustically and it was absolutely stunning. Would make a perfect guest slot at The Park.

I'd say - from the little that Albran has said - that it's a decent possibility. He's a Glastonbury whore. :P

Nothing in the press release says that Pulp are headlining.

The official IoW website has them listed in the sub-headliner slot.

The press release we had came with some personalised words from the PR who sent it, which said something about "the other headliners are announced over the following two days".

I can't 100% guarantee that we have it right, but every single detail indicates that we do have while NME have it wrong.