pulp

Guest LEDZEP66

Guest blackcockerel

if you love pulp, good for you. if you're familiar and love all their songs, good for you. just don't pretend that everyone does.

they have common people, and they have disco 2000.

compare that with blur who have parklife, country house, boys & girls, the universal, song 2, tender. plus probably a couple more that are popular and recognisable to a large number of people. you want to pretend pulp have a similar amount, then i'll happily accept that you're speaking bullshit.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're funny - you argue with yourself. I know people who don't know ANY Blur songs but, crucially, they're not the sorts of people who would ever consider going to Glastonbury. Pretty much everyone I know who would ever go to Glastonbury would know at least half a dozen Pulp songs and would recognise many more. Still, please keep posting utter nonsense for me to read - it's keeping me amused!!!

NO!!! They're not specifically Pulp fans - they're festival goers. They have an awareness of music and so are familiar with several Pulp songs because anyone with an interest in music (specifically British guitar based music of the last 20 years - which I would guess would account for a significant majority of Glastonbury goers) would struggle not to be. I can see how someone who loves the plastic pop you like might have been passed by but your comments on here have hinted at lunacy! Weirdly, with 11 top thirty hits I would've thought a chart-fiend like yourself would be very aware of them.

if you love pulp, good for you. if you're familiar and love all their songs, good for you. just don't pretend that everyone does.

they have common people, and they have disco 2000.

compare that with blur who have parklife, country house, boys & girls, the universal, song 2, tender. plus probably a couple more that are popular and recognisable to a large number of people. you want to pretend pulp have a similar amount, then i'll happily accept that you're speaking bullshit.

Guest blackcockerel

11 top 30 hits? :lol: sorry, i stand corrected.

first britpop band that popped into my head were charlatans. and guess what, they had 17 top 30 hits. charlatans to headline glastonbury 2011!!!1

11 top 30 hits? :lol: sorry, i stand corrected.

first britpop band that popped into my head were charlatans. and guess what, they had 17 top 30 hits. charlatans to headline glastonbury 2011!!!1

Yes, we've already grasped that you think the band with the biggest pop hits should headline. You banged on and on and on that Take That should.

But luckily for those of us who actually like music enough to go and discover it for ourselves - rather than you, who prefers to have it presented to you by your favourite DJ Chris Moyles, the DJ who doesn't like music - it's not pop hits that count at festivals. It's good music.

I have never seen Pulp live, I only bought Different Class. This doesn't make me a Pulp fan.

Let's see how many songs I know and I'd reckon most other people with a passing interest in music would know.

Babies

Lipgloss

Do You Remember the First Time

Disco 2000

Sorted for Es and Whizz

Common People

Bar Italia

Help the Aged

Sunrise

Trees

Pencil Skirt

Mile End

Mis-Shapes

There are more songs I could name, but I reckon most of them are known to a large majority of people with an interest in most types of music.

For the record, I don't believe Pulp are anywhere near as good as Blur - far from it.

However you've only got yourself in this mess by using the words "undeniable fact" and claiming they have one recognisible song (as well as their two big hits), but yet their one recognisible song could be any one of about 10, which makes your "undeniable fact" total bollocks.

Yes, we've already grasped that you think the band with the biggest pop hits should headline. You banged on and on and on that Take That should.

But luckily for those of us who actually like music enough to go and discover it for ourselves - rather than you, who prefers to have it presented to you by your favourite DJ Chris Moyles, the DJ who doesn't like music - it's not pop hits that count at festivals. It's good music.

see x factor thread where i give very little praise to the acts. and discussed it as much as you. and specifically mentioned on several occasions that i see it as an entertainment show, not a music show. but keep spouting your bollocks

Can I have some of the hallucinogenics you're taking? :rolleyes:

"discussed it as much as you". Yeah, right. My 'discussion' consisted of me posting "I predict they're all shit" - and I was right with that (plus about 4 other posts along the same lines), while you posted about half the posts in that 38 page thread.

Can I suggest that you ask your Mum to give you a dose of truth for xmas?

Can I have some of the hallucinogenics you're taking? :rolleyes:

"discussed it as much as you". Yeah, right. My 'discussion' consisted of me posting "I predict they're all shit" - and I was right with that (plus about 4 other posts along the same lines), while you posted about half the posts in that 38 page thread.

Can I suggest that you ask your Mum to give you a dose of truth for xmas?