Thursday night pre-festival

Guest Paul ™

Anyone staying in the area again the night before the festival this year?

Done it the past couple of years, it's good to get there early, knowing that it's only a short drive to the site on the Friday morning :)

Am booked into the Inverness Fairways Travelodge again, got it at a bargain price in the Travelodge £9 room sale earlier in the week.

Still some slightly more expensive rooms available, and some at the other Travelodge in Inverness from £19.50 too

Link

Nearer the time, will sort out pre-festival drinks again on the Thursday night :D

Edited by Paul ™

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan, i am a RockNess newbie (I'm VIP'ing it) and none of my mates are going (yet), they are all diehard T in the Parkers, so i may partake of this too, will need to sort it soon i guess before it gets too expensive (up to £25 at the moment for both Inverness travelodges). Be good to get to know a few folk before turning up to the fest itself.

Can't decide whether or not I should book us in for the Thursday night (£25) or to do the sensible thing and book us in for the Monday night. Oo actually, just checked the prices for the Monday...no ta!

Might see you on Thursday night after all then Paul! Will speak to Tom.

not certain I am gonna bother this year... wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be last year & I am not paying that much money to see the chemical brothers when it's likely I will see them at glasto anyway.

if however the rest of the line up is announced and it's too good to not go I shall see you in the pub on thursday.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty convinced for the Thursday, couple of my mates who are coming haven't been before and they seem up for the idea too. Thursday night session in Inverness then chillout Friday morning till the campsite sounds too good compared to a hefty drive up!!

Cheers guys.

We have just booked the travelodge fairways for the Thursday night. £19 thank you very much! So worth it. Hate the drive up on the Friday.

See you all there! Paul I'll speak to you nearer the time and we could meet you and Gillian for some pre-fest bevs?

We have just booked the travelodge fairways for the Thursday night. £19 thank you very much! So worth it. Hate the drive up on the Friday.

See you all there! Paul I'll speak to you nearer the time and we could meet you and Gillian for some pre-fest bevs?

Edited by Paul ™

We booked into the Fairways Travelodge for the Sunday night too. Nice shower and a bed after the festival. So that's us staying the Thursday and Sunday and VIP camping Friday and Saturday.

When I checked the Travelodge there, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights were only £19 per room for each night. You'd be cheaper staying there by the time you buy a tent! ;)