Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Green Day with Fall Out Boy and Weezer at London Stadium tomorrow. I've actually not seen the last two before.

Just not sure how smooth it'll go with the trains given the potential for any residual issues from today's strike.

Get there early as the awesome Amyl & The Sniffers are opening.

7 minutes ago, jump said:

Get there early as the awesome Amyl & The Sniffers are opening.

I saw them on Strokes day at APE 2019 and wasn't that fussed. Saying that, the sound system that day was abysmal and I've heard people talk them up from performances since, so if I can get there in time, I'll absolutely check it out rather than going to the refreshment stand for an overpriced Coke.

(I assume it's still as expensive as it was when I went to the London Stadium for Muse in 2019, anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just managed to bag a ticket for The The at Holmfirth Picturedrome... beyond excited!!!

Tons of other stuff coming up too. 

Edited by sheffinghell

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing until Interpol in November. Although St Vincent, Royal Blood, Foo Fighters, Green Day, The Killers, The National, Kasabian and Kings of Leon are all under consideration.

... might wanna get on with booking something I guess.

On 5/5/2024 at 6:10 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not until 25th July, but I'm going to see James play at Ludlow Castle. 

Lovely place that. Last time I went a man tried to put a ferret down my trousers.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Padjeq,

A couple of things;

(1) What was with the ferret?

(2) Do you know if they have seats at the venue, or is it stand up only?

1. just your usual, potentially-common-in-the-area, rodent handler getting frisky with his polecats.

2. I haven't seen a gig there. Just visiting the castle in general.

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

1. just your usual, potentially-common-in-the-area, rodent handler getting frisky with his polecats.

2. I haven't seen a gig there. Just visiting the castle in general.

My family had a polecat as a pet when I was a child. Why we had one I'll never know. It managed to escape from what was thought to be an escape proof 'compound'. I'm glad it did.

Yes, I've also been to the castle before for the Ludlow Food Festival, and confirm it's a nice setting. It should be ace for a concert.

On 5/7/2024 at 1:08 PM, Padjeq said:

Well I guess that's one way to make memories. Whether they're good memories or not is another matter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2024 at 7:49 AM, pryce said:

Taylor Swift in Lisbon, Slam Dunk and King Gizzard in the space of about 5 days next month

going to be shattered

Got Bob Vylan and Futureheads before them

Did it prove to be as exhausting as feared?

I've got Kings of Leon in Leeds, Green Day in Manchester and Foo Fighters in Cardiff within five days of one another so that's going to be quite a way to wear myself out.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:51 PM, charlierc said:

Did it prove to be as exhausting as feared?

I've got Kings of Leon in Leeds, Green Day in Manchester and Foo Fighters in Cardiff within five days of one another so that's going to be quite a way to wear myself out.

Still recovering! But always worth it ...you standing for all of them?

8 minutes ago, pryce said:

Still recovering! But always worth it ...you standing for all of them?

Seats for Kings, standing for the other two. Kings is at First Direct Arena so seats look a lot closer to stage than the stadium dates for the other two.