One thing you love about Glastonbury

Guest Sipperana

A bit less spontaneous in recent years though I feel, down to everything having to be meticulously cleared and planned with the organisers, health and safety etc. (e.g. eFests footie match). Still happens now and again though less obviously and in the right areas with the right mixes of people . . .

It's hard to narrow it down to one thing

But I'd probably say, waking up at my mate's house at 4am on Thursday morning - pack the car, meet the rest of the crew at Fleet services. One last maccy d's breakfast. Inevitably missing the right turning at that set of roundabouts on the A36 and the A303, driving past Stonehenge then starting to pull towards the site itself.

The festival could be amazing, it could be a disappoinment. But for those few hours, the excitement is unbearable and future possibilities endless

The fact that unlike other festivals I go to, at Glastonbury I feel I can relax, I don't need to try and see every act on the bill, If I miss an act I like I don't care because chances are I'd be doing something else which I'd probably enjoy more. The fact that if I want to go wild I can but if I want to chill I can also easily do it. The fact that it's MY weekend and nothing and nobody can change that.

Without a doubt, has to be the Twilight Zone. Will always remember my first site of the sight with a thrill in my heart that remains. However, nothing prepares you for the lighting up..

Always amazes me, being mid-summer and everything, that you just don't notice the lights coming on until...you look around and it's twilight(ish) and the lights and the fires and the candles and the lasers..and the lights...have all come on and are beaming and shining and projecting and here we are and there they are and...lets's go: everybody in the place.

Nothing at all in the world quite like it. See you there, people. B)

The rattle of wheels on the pathways, seeing some random run up to a new arrival and hug a friend, the dust rising off the railway track and being caught by the sun through the trees, that feeling of coming home, first cuppa at the 50p tea tent, the feeling of relief when you dump your crap on the ground, the feeling of euphoria when the crowd come together as one for a band you really love playing the tune you really want to hear, the people you meet in the queue/bar/camping area and then run into all weekend....too many things to mention.

Impossible to name one thing. That for me is the beauty of it..... The excitement of getting a ticket. The night before departure. First meeting with old festival friends. First beer after tents up. First cheer on the Wednesday. First hangover breakfast on the Thrusday. First random converstaion. First dance with a stranger. First explosion in Arcadia. First sunset. First sunrise.....etc.

Damn you OP - I vowed I would not get schoolboy excited again this year and this thread has ruined me! ;)