RN Nominated for 'Best Small Festival'

Guest Kris Reid

Not voting Rockness purely for the fact these awards are as meaningless as the Festival Awards as I can't compare it to all others in that category.

What I can say is that it comes 2nd out of the 2 I went to in the category, Bestival is simply a better festival!

And there is some right stupid categories/nominations in those awards.. typical NME.

yup, i'm in the process of voting. solo artist is a shocker of a category.

it's silly though cos you shouldn't be allowed to vote unless you know about everything in the category. i've ended up voting for arcade fire album as it's the only one of the five i've heard. best video, only seen one and it was shit, so i'm just basing on the pretty pictures they've given.

and i'll bet beady eye win best new band. which is a sham with everything everything being up.

hero of the year? christ on a bike! liam gallagher and noel fielding up for most stylish? just becomes more of a pisstake the more you go on!

oh, and i voted for latitude.

Edited by ampersand

I gave up on music awards when the Shamen never even got nominated for a Brit. :angry:

Festival awards are one of the most pointless thing I've ever heard of, its mostly vote for the festival you went to. Or in ampersands case, like the sound of. But I agree with him that they have ringfenced the acts you are allowed to vote for.

Otherwise, I would vote for david moynihan as villain of the year and then spend umpteen hours of my free time riggin the vote so he won.

Most importantly though I want to know who wins Hottest Male and Hottest Female, because we all know that it is these catagories that give the nme awards the credibility the rightly deserve.

Quite a few posts on here and the official forums after the festival last year said that it isn't as good now as a couple of years ago. Think it was due to increased capacity, layout, prices, security, crowd demographics etc

The majority of those nominations remind me why I stopped buying the NME.

As gfar as being ringfenced, open nominations were available a few months ago weren't they? Then they just shortlist from there, at least thats what they used to do