Paul Simon?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be absolutely fantatsic. One of those artists that for some reason you know most of the words to his songs. Bigger than McClean I would have thought (albeit American Pie is true classic).

Can't think of anywhere other than Pyramid Legend's slot. He is too big for the other venues surely?

DISLCIAMER: I rarely know what I am talking about however.....

on the Rolling Stone website he confirms he is doing a "couple of festivals, maybe more".......

A quick look at his website and the only festival listed is the HangOut in the US. So one festival is not a "couple" and is certainly not "maybe more".

Therfore I deduce that on a sunny Sunday in June we shall all be singing along to "Diamonds on the soles of her shoes"

on the Rolling Stone website he confirms he is doing a "couple of festivals, maybe more".......

A quick look at his website and the only festival listed is the HangOut in the US. So one festival is not a "couple" and is certainly not "maybe more".

Therfore I deduce that on a sunny Sunday in June we shall all be singing along to "Diamonds on the soles of her shoes"

To add weight to my theory outlined above - Monday 27th he is in Bournemouth. Which is also in the South of England. I would say with all this evidence he is nailed on.

Now if we all think hard enough we will make it happen.........

When I was a little boy, (when I was just a boy)

And the devil would call my name (when I was just a boy)

I'd say "now who do,

Who do you think you're fooling? " (when I was just a boy)......

Edited by whatmidlifecrisis?

Would love to see this also, especially with Art.

Unable to go to Glastonbury this year, would be gutted if he played and I wasn't there. Of all the acts I've seen there, admittedly only the last years S & G would have been the one I would have been most excited about. I am on holiday when he plays in Manchester. May have to go to Birmingham to see him. Am tempted by the thought of a tour with them both next year though. I am sure tickets this will be expensive ( but worth it). Now City are out of the Europa League I won't have to fund a trip to Dublin ;);) so maybe?

Mardy, slightly off topic, there was a thread a month or so ago about artists not really welcome at Glastonbury ethically and you mentioned Paul Simon was on the anti-apartheid black list, I tried reading up about this, but couldn't find out why? Was he deemed to have exploited black South African musicians via Graceland, did he play Sun City? Any explanations. Judging from this thread he would certainly seem to be welcome by the majority on here.