Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weak, was hoping that the Sunday would provide something totally different, Pulp or someone else would've been fantastic, but this is just deflating. Of course, it's not all about the headliners and I'm sure they'll be quality acts elsewhere but other than U2, the other two frankly would bore the death out of me. If Jay-Z punched Beyoncé I may turn up.

Whats going on in Eavis' head? Beyonce to headline Glastonbury? Are you having a laugh? This is not T4 on the Beach. How can this even be justified, at all. She's ghost written, mass produced pop music, she might have a great arse and voice and sold shit loads of records to anti-music lovers but she should never be given a headline shot. This is an epic fall from grace for Glastonbury :/ Blur closing one year, Stevie the next, then Beyonce - doesn't really add up! Jay-Z has Eavis on the pay roll!

Edited by jakkc

The absolute best bit about this, the finest thing to come out of all of it is watching people get in a right old tizz about it.

1) she's clearly big enough, in terms of fame, stature, records sold etc etc

2) All 3 headliners, like them or not, think they're hypocrites or not, all 3 of them share a certain philanthropy, an awareness of social concerns, whatever you want to call it. That is not a minor consideration, they all, very clearly, fit into Glastonbury's ethos. That, more than anything else is what sets them aside from other acts, those at T4 or V or any place else. Don't underestimate how important that is. It's more important for the festival as a whole than the type of music they play.

Edited by Mardy

You think? I know the R&L boss said all their headliners were exclusive, but note he said they're exclusive 'headliners', which by my reading doesn't rule them out playing other festivals but just not in a headline slot. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws..

that would certainly be a reasonable straw to clutch to when the words come from Melvin. He's an extremely shrewd man, and I doubt there's anything that leaves his mouth without full consideration.

But it's looking to me as tho they probably are all exclusive to Reading/Leeds this year.

The absolute best bit about this, the finest thing to come out of all of it is watching people get in a right old tizz about it.

1) she's clearly big enough, in terms of fame, stature, records sold etc etc

2) All 3 headliners, like them or not, think they're hypocrites or not, all 3 of them share a certain philanthropy, an awareness of social concerns, whatever you want to call it. That is not a minor consideration, they all, very clearly, fit into Glastonbury's ethos. That, more than anything else is what sets them aside from other acts, those at T4 or V or any place else. Don't underestimate how important that is. It's more important for the festival as a whole than the type of music they play.

Wise words indeed! :)