Coldplay announced

Guest jamiejc

Glastonbury is your first festival ever? Wow, that’s cool. Its like watching the Godfather films or listening to the Beatles or something for the first time and discovering them from scratch. Its one of the few things that’s certain - It will be as good as you expect it to be! :)

Edited by whatmidlifecrisis?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lurking on these boards since October, but had to post.....very happy to see Coldplay, although I suspect the rest of my group may abandod me on my own....well as alone as you can be in a crowd of 100,000!!

Going to my 1st Glastonbury, infact my 1st ever festival, and am so excited I've hardly been able to sleep since I got the tickets!

Ditto - but with a samll correction...it will be far better than you can ever imagine. Trust me. ;)

I moaned about Bouncy on another thread and was shouted down (probably rightly so). I felt she was wrong but after giving it more thought I undertsnad she is just wrong for me. She doesn;t have the edge of her husband or the gravitas of some of the more common wish-list acts but as an undoubted megastar she has a right to be there and ME has the right to book her (I also think for someone supposededly with such a huge ego and taste for hard cash that doing a festival that does not pay top dollar gives her some cred).

Same with Coldplay. A great booking and a band that really gets Glastonbury. I may be elsewhere but on the basis that they are a huge band and I really should tick them off the list I will likely be there ofr at least part of the show.

Others have said and it is true - a festival that can attract U2, Coldplay (actually they would probably always be happy to play) and Beyonce without paying top dollar speaks volumes about the esteem Glastonbury is held. And we all know that whether you want to hear mainstream pop or something newer and more 'edgey' you will be happy. Glastobury can do that - it really can please all of the people, all of the time (just don't spend the whole festival with mates that have different tastes!)

Glastonbury is a place where I get to see and do new things so I'm well happy with Coldplay.

I'd never think of buying their gig tickets but I have no doubt they'll pull off a superb performance so it's all good for me.

Plus Parachutes is a brilliant debut album that seems to have been forgotn since they became all popular and then really uncool. I used to listen to all the time so I'll be happy if we get a few songs off there

I really can't understand why people get upset at the thought of someone they don't like being on the main stages, as I said I've never been but even I know that if you want to avoid a particular performance its not going to be hard! Other festivals are surely more suited to people who are gendre specific? I don't listen to (or have much knowlegde on) Rockerbilly Punk Acid House, but I'm sure there'll be some I find myself bouncing along to somewhere over the course of 5 days..........OK maybe that'll be the result of a few visits to the infamous "brothers Bar" but still...!! ;)

I've been lurking on these boards since October, but had to post.....very happy to see Coldplay, although I suspect the rest of my group may abandod me on my own....well as alone as you can be in a crowd of 100,000!!

Going to my 1st Glastonbury, infact my 1st ever festival, and am so excited I've hardly been able to sleep since I got the tickets!

I'm not bothered about Coldplay headlining, just gives me more time to explore Shangri-La, or see a band elsewhere. Looking forward to hearing who's going to be playing the Other stage,

Its probably worth adding that even though the artist don't directly get paid too well for the performance, its well known that a pyramid headliner, with all the exposure that brings, gets a very handy boost to their record sales in the summer.

I'll just add to this that last time they played Glastonbury they got paid £200k for it.

And gave it all to Oxfam!

The world needs more bands like this and fewer of the money grabbing bastards.

I'll just add to this that last time they played Glastonbury they got paid £200k for it.

This is all working out perfectly for me. Two headliners so far confirmed which I might fancy, but might not. If someone I really love is playing or I fancy a Shangri-La wander I don't mind missing them but if the mood takes me I'd happily watch both Coldplay and Beyonce.

Guest musiclove123

Hopefully Chems will be Sunday last headliner on the Other stage-would make a great end

if Beyonce is the Sunday headliner then I reckon it'll probably be a 'rock' band on the Other Stage rather than a 'dance' band.

I put those genres in quotes cos I don't mean them in a totally strict sense - for example, the 'rock' band could be Primal Scream doing Screamadelica.

So its official, its not a bad choice. Safe band, good fallback option if nothing else takes my fancy but not a headliner I will miss everything else for. I quite like it.

Last year I saw all 3 headliners (well the first bit of Gorillaz), so this make a nice change maybe only seeing one.

if Beyonce is the Sunday headliner then I reckon it'll probably be a 'rock' band on the Other Stage rather than a 'dance' band.

I put those genres in quotes cos I don't mean them in a totally strict sense - for example, the 'rock' band could be Primal Scream doing Screamadelica.