Coldplay announced

Guest jamiejc

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to see The Chemical Brothers, and I need them to clash with U2 please!

Happy about Coldplay - it is 6 years since they were there so it's about time they were back. I always managed to miss them when they were around the festivals before, and their music was threaded right through the early days with my (now) husband. Don't make me choose between them and The Chems because I might have to choose the Chems - another band which means a lot to both of us and 2007 is feeling like a long time ago!

That's a bit of an assumption. I'm pretty sure Elbow will play - new album, friends of the festival etc.

I'm far from convinced about Arcade Fire playing however much I want them to. I'm not sure there has ever been a band as popular as Arcade Fire sub headline the Pyramid before. Hopefully they'll play opposite U2 if they do play. The 4 main stage headliners mentioned so far do not inspire me at all - I know, personal taste etc etc :)

Guest musiclove123

if Beyonce is the Sunday headliner then I reckon it'll probably be a 'rock' band on the Other Stage rather than a 'dance' band.

I put those genres in quotes cos I don't mean them in a totally strict sense - for example, the 'rock' band could be Primal Scream doing Screamadelica.

Never understood all the Coldplay hate. Fair enough if people don't like the music, but so much of it is directed towards Chris Martin personally. A man who, as far as I can see, is guilty of the crimes of doing charity work and marrying a beautiful wife.

Also Viva La Vida is a good album, their best IMO.

Perfect Pyramid stage headliners They were great in '02 and '05 and are better live than on record.

tbh i dont give a flying fart through a donut who anybody on these forums likes or dislikes and coming on here and slating this band and that band for no other reason than you don't like them is just dull, boring and old hat.

You do not go to Glasto for just the music, otherwise you will get a refund on your tickets soon and go to one of the other festivals. You go to Glasto for the whole experience, the feeling of belonging to something for the best part of a week. Where attitudes generally get left at the gate and people just come together and have a laugh. You don't like a band on one of the stages, fine, move on and find something that you do like.

Alternatively stfu, stop moaning about this band and that band, get a refund on your ticket deposit and stop bringing the masses down that are looking forward to this year's glasto

tbh i dont give a flying fart through a donut who anybody on these forums likes or dislikes and coming on here and slating this band and that band for no other reason than you don't like them is just dull, boring and old hat.

You do not go to Glasto for just the music, otherwise you will get a refund on your tickets soon and go to one of the other festivals. You go to Glasto for the whole experience, the feeling of belonging to something for the best part of a week. Where attitudes generally get left at the gate and people just come together and have a laugh. You don't like a band on one of the stages, fine, move on and find something that you do like.

Alternatively stfu, stop moaning about this band and that band, get a refund on your ticket deposit and stop bringing the masses down that are looking forward to this year's glasto

Yes another one lets not dicuss the music. And yes some people do go for the music, it is after all a a major part of the festival for alot of people. so why don't you stfu? Its a forum about music festivals where people are going to discuss which bands they dislike and like.

...Anyway, 5 pages into the Coldplay thread I think we've established that some people are excited and some people have an unnatural hatred for them (U2 thread followed the same course!)...me, I'm looking forward to them. Saw them on the Viva la Vida tour and they were great...so, 5 pages in...it's time for some music! (and yes, I'd go to Glasto no matter who was playing, but I make no apologies for loving the music too)...

...Anyway, 5 pages into the Coldplay thread I think we've established that some people are excited and some people have an unnatural hatred for them (U2 thread followed the same course!)...me, I'm looking forward to them. Saw them on the Viva la Vida tour and they were great...so, 5 pages in...it's time for some music! (and yes, I'd go to Glasto no matter who was playing, but I make no apologies for loving the music too)...

Edited by beodeejay

WOW, i wish it was my first Glasto again, we had a Glasto virgin with us last year and he loved it. exceeded all expectations.

Welcome to the boards, keep an eye out on this for the ciderbus meet thread, on the Weds of Glasto we all meet up at the cider bus, everyone is more than welcome, and we all get to put a face to a name, it tends to be a "not what i thought they would look like", but brilliant fun, we argue etc on here, but it is certainly great group of people, especially when the cider is flowing :D