The Park Special Guests!

Guest nufc1978

I am betting Kasier Cheifs in the sort of typical bigish indie band not released anything in a while but gearing up for another release.

I mean KoL could do it but it'd have to be top secret and I don't think they there egos would allow for that. Where's radiohead seem fairly close with the eavis, do it for the love etc etc.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings of Leon would be incredible at a secret show, they're always very solid live but just not a band worth seeing at a proper gig these days, simply due to the crowd.

I don't even think CAS is a bad album, it's just completely forgettable. Playing the singles off of that, a handful of older songs and SOF/US would be fantastic somewhere secluded.

found that the special guests on the park generally tend to be bands who had not had anything out in while and are often in the middle of recording generally tend to be bands who would play high on the other stage / early evening on the main or side projects from very established bands / artists which are just getting started.

seen some great bands in the special guest slots on the park half of radiohead franz ferdinand etc they generally give you pretty easy hints in the daily paper i.e blues mans sideproject for the dead weather. I did find all the flags and flyers for biffy clyro a bit crass really wish i could have the hour back when i went see them

I found the biffy flags absolutely pathetic - but in fitting with their new corporate rock whore idiom.

For the ledger, I don't begrudge a band success - as a fan of their first two albums I've seen how hard they've worked. It's just I can't stand bands who chase the corporate dollar yet still pretend and in fact trade on some misplaced reputation of authenticity. See also - Green Day