Line-up reaction

Guest Dirty Boots

Very disappointed. For some reason I thought V were going to up there game this year with all the rumours of Pulp/Libertines/Beady Eye/etc flying around, but it's the usual chart-topping stuff, very predictable, and very mediocre. I'd happily watch both headliners, and a few others here and there, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be returning this year.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am very happy with the line up! 17 acts I'd quite happily see, 11 I definitely want to, and 7 I was wishing for anyway!

It must be said my tastes are quite mainstream.. but Arctics, Eminem (on my BIRTHDAY!), Pendulum, Ellie Goulding, Bruno Mars, Jessie J, KT Tunstall and the Saturdays - a nice variety of indie, pop, rap and d&b, I'm not complaining!

I was expecting utter shite and we got middle of the road so Im actually quite happy. Headliners are shite imo but there is enough to keep me occupied all weekend. Chuffed to bits with manics, OCS, primal scream and cast. will probably give duran duran a listen as their cheesy back cataolgue should be quite good. There is plenty of utter shite but hopefully they will stick most of it on the main stage freeing up the C4 and JJB arena for some proper music. Was proper hoping for blondie and pulp tho. Had convinced myself they would do v as the v concept for thought up by jarvis cocker. bummer eh!

oh and plan B as sub erm...brilliant what u can do off the back off one song innit! utter bollocks but im sure there will be a half decent alternative..if not get the old vodka filled camel pack into action lol

Special guest libertines? can see it being someone quite big due to plan b on the other day (Plus I see the announcement they made today as a bluff, massive pay days can finance solo careers for both carl and pete). Also just for the luls at razorlight falling down the lineup, not really suprised since the third album bombed, and it's the johnny borrell experience now that everyone else has quit the band.

Nothing out of the ordinary though, repeats from last year and quite a few from previous, a couple of curveballs like fun lovin criminals and duran duran, it's what v festival does best.

Tbf your average V goer will think this is a superb line up, and I genuinely don't mean that in a derogatory or condescending way. Like it or not, there's no denying that it meets the requirements of the current demographic really well and the fact that half of this announcement played last year is a testament to that. The organisers have a formula that works for them and the reality is they could put this exact same line up on again next year and it would sell out no problem.

What is wrong with T4 on the Beach on a large scale exactly? (aside from being innacuarate as half these acts would not play there). A lot of the festivals cater for a similar demographic, what exactly is the propblem with fans of mainstream pop music wanting a featival to go to? And clearly they do, it'll sell out.

What is wrong with T4 on the Beach on a large scale exactly? (aside from being innacuarate as half these acts would not play there). A lot of the festivals cater for a similar demographic, what exactly is the propblem with fans of mainstream pop music wanting a featival to go to? And clearly they do, it'll sell out.

Special guest libertines? can see it being someone quite big due to plan b on the other day (Plus I see the announcement they made today as a bluff, massive pay days can finance solo careers for both carl and pete). Also just for the luls at razorlight falling down the lineup, not really suprised since the third album bombed, and it's the johnny borrell experience now that everyone else has quit the band.

Nothing out of the ordinary though, repeats from last year and quite a few from previous, a couple of curveballs like fun lovin criminals and duran duran, it's what v festival does best.