excited?

Guest adam1234

Its at this time of year when i start to get excited with the rumours taking shape and the first announcement soon to be made. Its also time to pursuade as many people as possible to get a ticket which seems 2 get more difficult every year. Does anybody else get excited this early? and who are people hoping for? For me its , the strokes, pulp, mgmt, vampire weekend, the offspring, sum 41, less than jake, panic at the disco, yyy, white lies, jimmy eat world, rancid and reel big fish off the top of my head. Please dont turn this thread into a moany one lets keep it positive at the end of the day whatever the lineup im sure we will all have a great time

I've pretty much seen every band/DJ/act I have ever wanted to see so it's just a case of hoping the line up isn't so piss poor that it means I won't be bothering to get a ticket & that my mates will still be interested.

Edited by zerocouch

Of the probables I'm looking forward to the Strokes and Pulp. Semi-realistic bands I'm hoping to see announced are Soundgarden, Cage The Elephant, BRMC, Fight Like Apes, The Joy Formidable, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Cold War Kids, Futureheads, Yuck and PJ Harvey. The Pixies and Beastie Boys would be a dream but sadly I think that's all they are.

Edited by mrtourette

+1

Yeah, I'm excited. Been excited for a long time now to see the line-up - even if I don't go, the build up has got me foaming at the mouth waiting to see who the bands are. I think we can all gather that it'll be MCR, The Strokes and Muse but I'm looking to see how they can compete with the other festivals and I'm curious to see what bands they have on the undercard. Seeing who's in the NME tent would be great too.

Hoping for - Soundgarden, Suede, Pulp, The Black Angels, Deerhunter and Warpaint. Primal Scream would be lovely too but I doubt they'd play there as well as the other festivals.

Edited by Dave The Hedgehog

I love the idea of Elbow into Muse (mainly because I have never seen Elbow live and I know Muse are a very worthy headliner especially for people who have never seen them)

Pulp into The Strokes is really excellent if true, I have not seen Pulp since Sheffield Arena on the Different Class Tour and would love to see them again :D

MCR I would happily watch but really struggle with them as headline material and hope to see Blur, R.E.M., Green Day, RHCP, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys or even The Killers announced as 3rd headliner :)

Bands I would love to see announced:

The Flaming Lips

Blondie

The Offspring

The Pixies

BRMC

Soundgarden

Dinosaur JR

MEW

Jimmy Eat World

Florence and the Machine

Mumford and Sons

PJ Harvey

Suede

Death Cab for Cutie

The Damned

The Hives

Juliette Lewis And The New Romantiques

The National

2 Many DJ's

Edited by Chr1s

Excited here too!

Hoping for people like:

Joy Formidable

Flaming Lips

Dan le Sac vs scroobius pip

White lies

Friendly Fires

Boys Noize

Crystal Fighters

Crystal Castles

Editors

Interpol

and PULP and strokes/

Not a lot, just nothing like florence, mumford, all time low, etc. heh.

Interpol

Elbow

Deftones

Belle and Sebastian

Pixies

Les Savy Fav

and you will know us by the trail of dead

black dahlia murder

bright eyes

the coral

eighties matchbox b line disaster

giraffes? giraffes!

gold panda

isis

killswitch engage

down

machinehead

the music

prodigy

DAFT PUNK

Edited by moz4pm

iv been excited for ages now!

Rise against

The King Blues

Sum 41

Bowling For Soup

Against me!

Beastie boys (Please)

Beck

Papa Roach

Deaf Havana

Flogging Molly

DropKick Merphys

The Offspring

Klaxons

Missing Andy

Motley Crue

Sugarcult

Placebo

I'm always excited about going to Leeds. It's the end of my festival calendar and always a great weekend. Even if the line up isn't to my taste I'm not bothered. there's always The Alternative tent to see some cracking acts or you can just have a wander around. My favourite part of the fest though is after hours, Wandering around the campsite, talking to random strangers and staying up dancing til the early hours at The Piccadilly Party. All in all I'll have an amazing time!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I actually can not wait for 7pm on monday now, the fact that there is hardly any rumours means that it will be even more exciting. This time last year im sure that we knew much more of the undecard. I just keep thinking of sitting on orange hill at the end of the night with a hot n spicy cider watching people dancing to piccadilly party at the bottom,ahhh bliss haha. Leeds is always agreat way to end the summer.Oh and if the strokes and pulp are announced monday i will be creaming off just that alone haha.Does anybody else make an event of the announcement i will be at my friends again, with radio1, him online and me on the phone frantically trying to secure tickets

Im not as excited yet as I was last year ( first year last year) plus like you said im pretty sure last year there was a lot more bands on the efests list which I liked which also added to the excitment of them being offically announced. As for making an event of it, as me and my old close friends are all at diff unis we just group chat getting tickets discussing the anouncement :)