I Have Been Told The Headliners and Subs

Guest fishman17

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Beasties play I would have expected them to headline, but I find it hard to believe they'd play on the same stage at The Prodigy after last time and certainly not under them.

I hope The Prodigy don't headline I like the early stuff but the new stuff all sounds the same and they played it all a couple of years ago.

If the Beasties play I would have expected them to headline, but I find it hard to believe they'd play on the same stage at The Prodigy after last time and certainly not under them.

I hope The Prodigy don't headline I like the early stuff but the new stuff all sounds the same and they played it all a couple of years ago.

Neil, didn't you say somewhere you've heard from some sources that MCR will headline and others that it'll be The Prodigy?

i said something along the lines of a number of 'respected' (ha!) music journos have been thinking it's not MCR but Prodigy that are headlining - but also that they had nothing of substance for why they're thinking that.

The guy who passed me that snippet is now convinced that MCR are the headliners ... but him thinking that might be the result of what I've said to him. :lol:

Yea iv now started to accept it, but im hoping that there will be brilliant undercard on main stage that day but it does look like the prodigy will sub and 30stm me third... but il prob watch all three of them anyway i mean it could be worse bands (im trying to look on the bright side)

yea iv heard alot of people say that.. but a have a couple of mates who hav seen them (and are big fans) who go on about how good they are live so im just curiouse about what they are really like, i imagen your right tho lol but il prob still give them a watch if they dont clash

Personally I am praying to the gods on high that MCR aren't headliners, and that's as someone that thinks that they're pretty alright.

Having seen them on their recent tour I can say that they are probably the most underwhelming live band I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot, they looked ridiculously uncomfortable on stage headlining their own show so how the hell are they going to feel at a festival?!

Very little energy or stage presence/crowd interaction, which is fine you know, not every band has the gift of witty crowd banter, but when it's coupled with under strength vocals, and the music sounding just like it does on the CD it just makes you wonder "Why did I pay to see these when I could have just put the albums on and had pretty much the same experience just with better vocals?"

30STM would be an awful booking, Jared Leto is a cretin.

I think if MCR are headliners (which seems nailed on), then the NME and Lock Up/Dance stage and FR headliners need to be very, very strong bookings. MCR are very popular but I think they cater to a certain crowd which I'm not sure are big enough to fill up the main stage crowd.

Does anyone get what I mean when I say that? :huh:

30STM would be an awful booking, Jared Leto is a cretin.

I think if MCR are headliners (which seems nailed on), then the NME and Lock Up/Dance stage and FR headliners need to be very, very strong bookings. MCR are very popular but I think they cater to a certain crowd which I'm not sure are big enough to fill up the main stage crowd.

Does anyone get what I mean when I say that? :huh:

Are you saying you think that MCR are popular but not popular enough to be considered strong headliners, and would need a decent alternative on the other stages to satisfy festival goers who would otherwise be baying for blood?

MCR/The Prodigy/30STM would be hugely dissapointing but there will most likely be something else on that I want to see, so I wont get too upset about it. I do like the Prodigy but they seriously need a break. For me, when a band tours so much and does so many festivals it always decreases the excitement around seeing them play.

Jared Leto never seems to me to be a serious musician, just an actor portraying a musician. The whole of This Is War just seems to be a big heap of trying to make an epic U2 sound. I love Closer to the Edge and 100 Suns, but that's the only stuff on the album that actually has any proper emotion in it, the rest is just Jared testing his vocal range against the other two trying to outdo each other. Doesn't really seem like a band to me, just an actor's side-project while he tries to pick up some more fans to follow him into his films.