Things to do at night?

Guest Lizzie A

I've been lucky and managed to get tickets for Chelmsford Yellow Camping zone. I've heard it's a bit quieter than red? Also, I was wondering what the nightlife was like, I know many festivals have all-night tents? Or is it more of a daytime thing? Hope everyone's having luck with tickets.

I've been lucky and managed to get tickets for Chelmsford Yellow Camping zone. I've heard it's a bit quieter than red? Also, I was wondering what the nightlife was like, I know many festivals have all-night tents? Or is it more of a daytime thing? Hope everyone's having luck with tickets.

Absolutely nothing "official" to do at night. The fair doesnt really attract that much attention and the Carling Local with the silent disco is quite small. Given that V are such a cash machine, I'm surprised they havent caught on to the after hours entertainment market.

Having only ever been to V before, I never really missed it (though am sure they used to have a disco in the old Carling tent outside the arena (non-silent) til just after midnight) but after going to Glastonbury this year, it really was disappointing to have to head back to the campsites after the musics done - it's an area they really need to work on!

Is it something to do with having a licence for music past a certain hour?

It's my birthday on the Saturday this year, absolutely hyped for seeing Eminem/Pendulum but don't want to end there, would love there to be an all night disco!

Having only ever been to V before, I never really missed it (though am sure they used to have a disco in the old Carling tent outside the arena (non-silent) til just after midnight) but after going to Glastonbury this year, it really was disappointing to have to head back to the campsites after the musics done - it's an area they really need to work on!

Is it something to do with having a licence for music past a certain hour?

It's my birthday on the Saturday this year, absolutely hyped for seeing Eminem/Pendulum but don't want to end there, would love there to be an all night disco!

yeh its somet to do with the licence and if they over run and receive complaints they risk not getting a licence the next year apparently. i watched fatboy slim in 06 and everyone was calling for an encore but some guy came on and said it couldnt happen due to this, talk about an anticlimax!!