Daft Punk/Green Day/Muse

Guest Rocky182

Do you have any thoughts on these rumours?

Yep - I think they're rubbish. But I could be wrong.

I'll be surprised if Green Day ever play Reading/Leeds again. But I could be wrong.

Daft Punk aren't a normal R/L band by any stretch of the imagination. If Melvin had booked them then I very much doubt the few vague comments he's made about the headliners would be worded as they are. As Poleski has already pointed out, DP aren't believed to be playing any live dates this year - but there has been a comment by Rob Da Bank that suggested that one in the UK is or was on the cards, tho the way it was worded makes it very unlikely to be R/L (the presumption by most people was that he was referring to Wireless).

So in conclusion: I think this claim is rubbish. But I could be wrong.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - I think they're rubbish. But I could be wrong.

I'll be surprised if Green Day ever play Reading/Leeds again. But I could be wrong.

Daft Punk aren't a normal R/L band by any stretch of the imagination. If Melvin had booked them then I very much doubt the few vague comments he's made about the headliners would be worded as they are. As Poleski has already pointed out, DP aren't believed to be playing any live dates this year - but there has been a comment by Rob Da Bank that suggested that one in the UK is or was on the cards, tho the way it was worded makes it very unlikely to be R/L (the presumption by most people was that he was referring to Wireless).

So in conclusion: I think this claim is rubbish. But I could be wrong.

Who would get the "2 hours"? Muse i presume seeing as their sets are around 90mins (+ encores?)from what I've been told from their Wembley stadium gigs & their set I saw at Glastonbury.

I can imagine their theatrics would be better than Green Day too.

I half believe this. Maybe Melvin wasnt lieing when he said the headliners are staggeringly good. MCR and The Strokes (MCR in particularly) dont sound like headliners. Whereas Daft Punk's live comeback has been awaited for a few years now, and Green Day are obviously massive.

I would absolutely love this to be true tbh.

I half believe this. Maybe Melvin wasnt lieing when he said the headliners are staggeringly good. MCR and The Strokes (MCR in particularly) dont sound like headliners. Whereas Daft Punk's live comeback has been awaited for a few years now, and Green Day are obviously massive.

I would absolutely love this to be true tbh.

oh c'mon - Strokes don't sound like a headliner? :lol:

Whether they're headlining or not (I don't know for sure that they are) there's hardly any other band that fits as a headliner for R/L as well as they do. They are the definitive indie act, that fits perfectly for Reading.

Not only that, but they headlined IoW last year - a festival that's getting on for Reading's size (particularly when the lack of other stages there is properly considered) - despite not having released an album for 4 years. With a new album to promote this year they're a perfect fit for R/L.

Whether they're headlining or not (I don't know for sure that they are) there's hardly any other band that fits as a headliner for R/L as well as they do. They are the definitive indie act, that fits perfectly for Reading.

Not only that, but they headlined IoW last year - a festival that's getting on for Reading's size (particularly when the lack of other stages there is properly considered) - despite not having released an album for 4 years. With a new album to promote this year they're a perfect fit for R/L.

This just makes no sense to me. Why would vodafone put up a banner advertising the headliners and then take it down after 20 seconds? After the IOW fiasco they would have been under strict instructions about what they can and can't say. If it was done by mistake it would take a lot longer than 20 seconds to realise and take it down, but they would no reason to even create such a banner in the first place.

To an earlier post Muse would put on more effects than Green Day, however Green Day are much more talkative and fun, saw them at LCCC last year they were larking around, dressing up and all sorts was a good laugh as well as an amazing gig.

The Strokes are a perfect headline band which is why (apart from the main reason there is no picture of this leak) I doubt it to be true.

To an earlier post Muse would put on more effects than Green Day, however Green Day are much more talkative and fun, saw them at LCCC last year they were larking around, dressing up and all sorts was a good laugh as well as an amazing gig.

The Strokes are a perfect headline band which is why (apart from the main reason there is no picture of this leak) I doubt it to be true.

Don't know if someone mentioned this as I was skim reading, but while I totally don't believe these rumours, Vodafone did leak that Kasabian were Isle Of Wight's third headliner when they're pre-sale happened.

Anyway, I'd love it to be Daft Punk.

Edited by lharris92