Daft Punk/Green Day/Muse

Guest Rocky182

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is why the festival is shit, I want beastie boys, wu-tang clan, de la soul, the cure, soundgarden, no doubt, dinosaur jr, sonic youth, the pixies to play but at the same time I want artic monkeys, the libertines, arcade fire, the cribs and biffy clyo. I'm getting one half but not the other.

I know that but it doesn't stop people going on about Glasto or Bestival as if they're some sort of shining beacon. Bestival has good music but restricts itself to cool good music while Glasto has good indie and dance stuff but an immeasurable amount of shite.

He hasn't got a band for next year yet. Why he says in that Kerrang video hes booked a headliner for next year and then ever since all he's done is deny it on twitter, says he's held talks but hasn't booked anyone for next year yet, seems to be a thing with Andy, he talks with bands and gets confident they're gunna play [like Im guessing with Soundgarden this year] then with nothing signed they pull out or play somewhere else

In 2009 he had Faith No More booked and he said it was an exclusive UK appearence, not because he'd signed them to that, but because they told him its the only show they planned to play, then they decided they wanted to play a London show as well, so he said its a warm up show so they're perfect for Download, but they're a festival exclusive, then Reading came calling and said hey, heres some cash, play our fest too, and Andy asked them not to do it, but didn't throw any money their way, so they did it.

He's done it again this year, he's booked a lot of artists and says it will be their only 'planned' appearence, so theres many an artist who could be booked to play elsewhere and he couldn't do anything about it, that extends to System of A Down even.

I know wikipedia is a terrible source but id just thought id bring it to attention of everyone that under the reading/leeds festival page it says muse/strokes/blur will be headlining 2011 festival.

List of headliners

* 2011: Muse, The Strokes, Blur

* 2010: Guns N' Roses, Arcade Fire, Blink-182

* 2009: Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead