Daft Punk/Green Day/Muse

Guest Rocky182

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt very much that he would have been talking about Reading and Leeds when he said that unless he was bitter about missing out on them

yup, I agree.

The general view was that he was referring to Wireless. Whether it's something that does actually happen there tho is still to become clear - there's a history there of them believing they've secured particular acts which then don't happen.

It's good that he's quite open to saying who he hasn't booked though. Gets people thinking more. It's also doubley great to see how a smaller festival can be so ambitious to get on the phone to people like Arcade Fire and Daft Punk in the first place, even Prince from what I've been hearing.

there's rumours floating around that Prince will be doing Hard Rock Calling. I know that an offer has been made, but I also know that Prince is/has been a git about accepting or rejecting them - it seems to be the case that he only wants to confirm any shows about 6 weeks before the show is due to happen, which of course makes promoters get cold feet as it's too late to properly promote the show to ensure the tickets sell, and too late to find a decent replacement (and then promote that) if he doesn't accept.

I know wikipedia is a terrible source but id just thought id bring it to attention of everyone that under the reading/leeds festival page it says muse/strokes/blur will be headlining 2011 festival.

List of headliners

* 2011: Muse, The Strokes, Blur

* 2010: Guns N' Roses, Arcade Fire, Blink-182

* 2009: Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead

there's rumours floating around that Prince will be doing Hard Rock Calling. I know that an offer has been made, but I also know that Prince is/has been a git about accepting or rejecting them - it seems to be the case that he only wants to confirm any shows about 6 weeks before the show is due to happen, which of course makes promoters get cold feet as it's too late to properly promote the show to ensure the tickets sell, and too late to find a decent replacement (and then promote that) if he doesn't accept.

So Neil, has it been harder this year to get rumours, or about the same as usual. I can't recall how much you had this time last year.

it's getting harder all-round and has been for a few years, as fests are wising up to the leak potential, and want to control their own publicity as much as they can.

But at the same time what I get to hear about has always been quite random, so no direct link can be made between what I might hear this year compared to next - it all depends on too many random factors.