March For The Alternative - London Saturday 26th March

Guest HastingsBoy

nope, not at all, not ever.

The smart economists always knew this would be the outcome of Thatcher's doings, and so it proved.

Sadly, the thick economists had won both the talk battle and the talk war around two decades ago, so that the smart economists were no longer listened to or even given a platform on which to speak.

Which is precisely why those thick economists like to present things as "nobody could have known" or lay the blame at the regulator's door, to hide their own knowledge of their own culpability for it all. ;)

oh, get out of here. ;)

It was not entirely dumb of the govt to work on the premise that any business - and particularly banks - wouldn't be so frigging stupid as to think they could magic risk away. And along with that, if the "smart" (PMSL) bankers couldn't understand the most basic of economic principles, why does anyone think that those considered from every angle to be significantly dumber than those bankers would be listened to above those bankers? ;)

It was an emperors new clothes scenario. Some people were actually smart enough to give the warnings of doom, but nobody wanted to listen to them - exactly as you're still doing now by repeating the lie that the 'city' banking sector was and is of economic advantage to this country.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of perspective on the out of control violence last weekend

http://bengoldacre.posterous.com/conflating-numbers-have-149-violent-protestor

Arrests and charges from #march26 - a pie chart http://######/eI5cXS /via @davidvannen

Edited by Paul ™

I need to look more into this one before I can comment

Sorry, what did this set out to achieve in terms of social xhange and what did it achieve in terms of social change? As far as Im aware, there is still a bit of a conflict going on in the middle east and Im not sure a few thousand jews in Manchester and london has rectified that situation.

This is just a repeat of the above story I think

This is a group of racist thugs campaigning to halt the tide of radical Islamism taking over England. In the sense that it never was, I suppose you could say that campaigning for something that wasn't happening and it carrying on not happening is some form of success. How would you define it as peaceful? The EDL are a bunch of violent thugs with a record of causing mayhem. Do you classify it as peaceful if black and asian people stay indoors for fear of being beaten up? If you are using the EDL as indicative of the success of peaceful protest, you need much bigger hands for the straws you're clutching at there

This article starts

Is angry the new peaceful then? It goes on

This is another group campaigning to stop something that isn't happening. You appear to have some fixation with anti islamic groups here and some completely misplaced understanding of how they go about their business and what peaceful means.

I didnt kick any windows in, wasn't dressed for the part this weekend, and didnt really see any bother to get involved in anyway. I concentrated my efforts in trying to support a bloke being arrested by 13 (thirteen) police in full riot gear by stopping with him to keep an eye and to make sure he knew he wasnt being left on his own. It involved a squabble with a couple of coppers who were trying to throw their weight about needlessly, but nothing damaged. Im a bit passed the kicking doors and windows in now, mainly cos Im a bit too old to manage the avoiding arrest bit. Id definitely have a go in a riot though

Thank heavens. Not sure what British society would do if it had someone kicking a window or a door in. I can't imagine the consequences of this intelligent and revolutionary political statement. If only you were younger - the social landscape of Britain would never look the same again. ;) X

What does the wink smiley on the end mean? If you want to take the piss fair enough, but dont bottle it by putting smileys and kisses on the end. To answer your point, however, direct action always starts small and builds. Mind you, Id be equally interested in what your strategy would be to improve the social landscape, please do enlighten me.

Edited by danbailey80

yea looking at that it seems the Muslims aren't protesting :O:ph34r: :blink:NO OFFENCE but hey thats wot i found anyway this could go on forever and lifes to short and your to old [ you said it :P ] anyway lets agree to disagree and well have a pint in the bread and roses fri old son B)

peace <_<