The Deleted line up

Guest Englishdragon

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost zero imagination in this lineup. Always going with the safe, middle of the road options that they know will sell tickets to the masses, rather than trying to make it a good and exciting lineup. That's what happens when the corporate side is more important than the music side unfortunately.

This is just all the last 5 years lineups thrown into a hat and the average bands picked out by chance. The only slight wildcards being Madness and Jane's Addiction.

The Naked and Famous, The Vaccines, New Found Glory, Deftones, The Offspring.

OFWGKTA, everything everything, madness, then a big clash of crystal castles and janes addiction with the strokes and pulp.

cage the elephant, frank turner, interpol/death from above 1979, the streets.

So enough bands that I want to see but only 2 headliners who are both on the same f**king day.

I think it's a pretty decent lineup, considering who was probably available on this years festival circuit. They managed to get Pulp, who will draw a huge crowd, and probably go down really well. I don;t think Janes Addiction, Offspring or Madness are doing any other big festivals this year, not in the UK anyway, and pretty big for the slots they have been given. The Strokes are exclusive, 2manydjs are a pretty good alternative to Muse (who are still one of the biggest festival bands around, they just got them a year too late).

There's no real WOW factor, but I think most festivals have struggled for headliners this year, U2 and System are probably the only real coups on the major festival circuit. Bit of a indie landfill, but I don't know who else they could have booked really to fit the audience.

It is odd that they've announced the FR and alternative stage headliners so early and it is odd that they have used band logos further down the bill than before...but there's nothing saying that they can't change the way they do things.

There are good bands on there, the initial trouble is that all the good ones we knew about or had guessed, there's no good surprises only disappointment that we already knew about everything good. I'll find bands to go and see, although there are big gaps of anything good on. Late Friday night at Reading looks f**king horrifying.

Edited by mrtourette