2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Just an idea but does anyone think that Tim Minchin could possibly play a bigger stage in the future? Sonisphere have Bill Bailey headlining their second stage this year, and i'm sure mr Minchin would find a fair amount of appeal with the R+L crowd

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'd all like to think this, due to their apparent love for the festival and nearly everyone in the entire world loving Dave Grohl. Usually it's all nonsense and we get carried away thinking that musicians care what festival they're at but this may be different. I saw a setlist from the weekend and was amazed to see no songs from the first album, it would be nice to think that once the tour is finished they do R&L and have a slightly different setlist or bring some stuff back that they haven't played for years. I would love to hear them end with Exhausted one more time before I die, such an amazing song.

Edited by Spud001

Can't really see a comedian (even a musical one) playing the main or R1/NME stages, although given that The Midnight Beast aree headlining the FR I suppose that stage could be possible.

Edited by 2rare2die

I think the fact the Foo's have done their own big shows this year at Milton Keynes make them pretty much nailed on for a big English festival in 2012.

They're doing must of the other UK festivals this year and with no Glastonbury next year and having done V recently you'd of thought Reading would be the only option. Just hope they don't choose Download instead.

Kasabian to headline one of the days and possibly Biffy Clyro the other if they both do well with their next albums.

I think the fact the Foo's have done their own big shows this year at Milton Keynes make them pretty much nailed on for a big English festival in 2012.

They're doing must of the other UK festivals this year and with no Glastonbury next year and having done V recently you'd of thought Reading would be the only option. Just hope they don't choose Download instead.

Kasabian to headline one of the days and possibly Biffy Clyro the other if they both do well with their next albums.

I'm expecting them to pull off something big next year - a second year of the fest not selling out could have a really detrimental effect on the Sponsorship income etc. So, with that in mind, heres my prediction,

Reading 2012

FRIDAY

Bloc Party (comeback show)

The Prodigy

Vampire weekend

Maximo Park

Noel Gallagher

NME - Bullet for my valentine

SATURDAY

Green Day

Weezer

Incubus

You Me at Six

All-American Rejects

NME - Editors

SUNDAY

Foo Fighters (Special guest Krist Novoselic to play marigold in encore with dave & pat)

Soundgarden

Avenged Sevenfold

Stone Temple Pilots

The Gaslight Anthem

NME - Hot Chip

Green Day and Foo's to each get 2 hours, price of ticket up to £199.50 + fees

Thoughts?

I'm expecting them to pull off something big next year - a second year of the fest not selling out could have a really detrimental effect on the Sponsorship income etc. So, with that in mind, heres my prediction,

Reading 2012

FRIDAY

Bloc Party (comeback show) - yes

The Prodigy - 2nd one of the days

Vampire weekend - tent header or here

Maximo Park - maybe one up but could be right

Noel Gallagher

SATURDAY

Green Day - no

Weezer - no

Incubus - 1 down

You Me at Six - possible

All-American Rejects - no

NME - Editors - main stage i think

SUNDAY

Foo Fighters (Special guest Krist Novoselic to play marigold in encore with dave & pat) - yes

Soundgarden - no

Avenged Sevenfold - yes

Stone Temple Pilots - no

The Gaslight Anthem - maybe

NME - Hot Chip

Thoughts?

Reading 2012

FRIDAY

Bloc Party (comeback show)

The Prodigy

Vampire weekend

Maximo Park

Noel Gallagher

SATURDAY

Green Day

Weezer

Incubus

You Me at Six

All-American Rejects

NME - Editors

SUNDAY

Foo Fighters (Special guest Krist Novoselic to play marigold in encore with dave & pat)

Soundgarden

Avenged Sevenfold

Stone Temple Pilots

The Gaslight Anthem

NME - Hot Chip

Thoughts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_Rock

It's one of the most legendary British festivals, and one of the first major, if not the first major, heavy festival. It's held in great esteem by the greats and all of the musicians that grew up around that era.

I'm not denying they look nailed on for R&L, but there's always a reason for heavier bands like Foos to play Download, simply because of its history.

I don't think Download really trades on the history of MOR, they had big headliners last year but only because they bent over backwards (and forwards and sideways in the case of AC/DC) to get them, if you look down the list of past headliners a lot of them are more questionable that R&L's. Of course it's hard to compare because it's still more of a niche festival than a mainstream one, but that's more of a reason for Foos to play R&L and not Download.

I don't think Download really trades on the history of MOR, they had big headliners last year but only because they bent over backwards (and forwards and sideways in the case of AC/DC) to get them, if you look down the list of past headliners a lot of them are more questionable that R&L's. Of course it's hard to compare because it's still more of a niche festival than a mainstream one, but that's more of a reason for Foos to play R&L and not Download.

my guesses:

Seem pretty nailed on/everyone is up for them:

Foo Fighters. Kasabian.

Possible 3rd Headliners:

Iron Maiden,

AC/DC,

Dont seem as likely,but would be good options:

blur,

The Cure

R.E.M,

daft punK