Biffy Clyro

Mumford & Sons

Incubus

Gaslight Anthem

NME

Daft Punk

Justice

Ed Sheeran

this is based on nothing other than what i would like to see with a few realistic possibilities-though i don't think I've catered for the diva thats block booked the hotel.

MAIN

bloc party/biffy clyro co headline

the raconteurs

the hives

mgmt

the dandy warhols

NME

the smashing pumpkins

MAIN

the stone roses

mumford and sons

noel gallagher

the la's

viva brother

NME

feeder

MAIN

foo fighters

tenacious d

the darkness

slash

papa roach

NME

the cribs

Not forgetting that the band were not just a one album wonder and had many 7/12 inch songs that were very good and never made it onto the first album for one reason or another, Fool's Gold, Sally Cinnamon, One Love, Where Angels Play, Standing Here, Mersey Paradise to name a few were all good songs.

If they do than that's ridiculous. That crowd would only recognise Fool's Gold from that awful remix song that released this year.

I suspect that the normal V crowd will know much more of their stuff than today's normal R/L crowd would - after all, the crowd at V is on-average significantly older than at R/L, and so Stone Roses are more within their musical references.

Plus of course whichever fest they play will attract the Roses fans anyway.

Edited by eFestivals

I suspect that the normal V crowd will know much more of their stuff than today's normal R/L crowd would - after all, the crowd at V is on-average significantly older than at R/L, and so Stone Roses are more within their musical references.

Plus of course whichever fest they play will attract the Roses fans anyway.

how do you work that one out? V is full of kids and its designed for the younger audience.

it's about 5 years since I last went to V and I've only ever been the Chelmsford one .... but it's definitely been the case when I've been that the average age is at least 5 years older than it is at R/L.

Don't forget, the vast majority of the R/L crowd is under 20. While the acts at V might be less credible musically and more chart focused, the age of the people there to see the acts it has has been noticeably older.

I can see Stone Roses at V. V does seems to get a fair few older brit-pop/indie bands particularly from the 90's over the last few years, probably more than R&L does. Off the top of my head...

Verve

Specials

Happy Mondays

Pogues

Madness

Echo & The Bunnymen

Manics

Primal Scream

Charlatans

Paul Weller

Sterophonics

Travis

Squeeze

If V get Stone Roses can Readin ghave PWEI please, went to see the new line up last night and they were amazing. Surely a good enough draw to headline a tent or a mid afternoon main stage set. Ideally with The Prodigy so they can do Their Law together.

The Stone Roses playing V does make more sense and they chuck bucket loads at bands.

The Stone Roses and Lady GaGa to headline then maybe. Both two very different acts. I don't think Coldplay will headline if The Stone Roses do. I reckon V might've gone for Coldplay but might not have got them.

i'm not saying they won't play, i'm just saying it would be a bad move on v's, part i think they would lose a large majority of the crowd they have seemed to be aiming for lately. also i think they would have to do a lot to persuade the hipster crowd to come to V