TITP

THE KILLERS, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, COLDPLAY

SONISPHERE

BLINK 182, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

V

THE KILLERS, SNOW PATROL

READING

FOO FIGHTERS, KASABIAN, BLUR

I think Avenged Sevenfold are more likely to be pushed up that Bullet if they get a new album out by next year (I believe there are previews of new songs around atm). Muse Green Day and Paramore don't mix well for me - I think Andy will try to book one more traditionally rocky/metal headliner - Iron Maiden, Metallica, Rammstein, etc. If Kasabian and Blur are two of next year's R&L headliners i'll eat my hat too.

Not really, they have to book fresh headliners to keep things moving along, think they're going to have to book more mainstream chart friendly rock acts next year as theres not going to be much else avaliable IMO.

Green Day and Muse Andy Copping the download booker has said he would love to get, and he's talked about Paramore in the last week again, think Paramore will get pushed to the next level by one of the fests and I think Download will do it, mainly because I think Bullet are ready to step up but they're subbing Download this year, headlined second stage last year and subbed at Soni the year before that, so Soni will be the one to push them to that level much like Biffy this year.

RHCP is a no brainer and I think they'll be here to do TITP as well hence that booking and Blink are around at the time, think they'll end up playing next year.

The only other acts are maybe Machine Head who have been spoken about pushing up, but don't think they're quite there yet. I just can't see any big rock acts of the mold being avaliable next year who haven't played recently.

Instead of just guessing for Reading and Leeds lets think about all the fests

IOW

ARCTIC MONKEYS, COLDPLAY, REM

DOWNLOAD

PARAMORE, MUSE, GREEN DAY

TITP

SONISPHERE

V

THE KILLERS, SNOW PATROL

READING

You think? I thought it looked ok, Green Day being the biggest catch. Muse have played EVERYWHERE, and need to play somewhere different, yes they're a big band band but they've headlined all the other big fests bar Soni, so thats why I thought they'd be up for it, plus Andy Copping seems to REALLY want to book them and Paramore, well they've shifted tons of tickets and sell well but I can't imagine the fee being that high.

Can't see how a bill of Paramore, Green Day and Muse is considered way too strong yet last year it was AC/DC, Aerosmith and Rage Against the Machine headlining. I know what looks stronger and would cost more money to book.

IOW

DOWNLOAD

TITP

SONISPHERE

V

THE KILLERS, SNOW PATROL

READING

Arctics won't headline anywhere next year. They only play fests when they are touring an album so it's a no go. And I can't see why REM wouldn't decide to tour their album, but would decide to tour the following year.

Downloads way too strong. TBH I can't see them ever getting Muse or Green Day. And if Green Day were to tour the fests next year, I'm pretty sure R+L's would make an offer higher than Downloads to put to bed any chance of them appearing there.

The Killers at T and V would be very likely imo. Coldplay won't headline 2 years running at T. Can't see Blur anywhere next year.

They're headlining this year and don't have a record out (or it'll be out the week before, i've forgotten the exact date, but by next year I.O.W they actually will, and if all goes to plan they'll be touring it worldwide by then.

Arctic Monkeys new album is out on 6th June so a full month before their first festival appearance this summer. In 2009 they did they started their tour at R+L 4 days after the Humbug came out, so I think this is their year of touring, with a few festival appearance's and 2 massive shows in Sheffield. My bet is next year they'll go back into the studio and begin work on another new album.

IOW

DOWNLOAD

TITP

SONISPHERE

V

THE KILLERS, SNOW PATROL

READING