2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would say the fest needs two big headliners next year. Blur and Foos with a new headliner would be fantastic IMO. A line up similar to 08's would appease aloyt of the lost fans I'd imagine.

FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

System Of A Down - somehow I don't see them doing fests next year.. reckon we could get an arena tour and an announcement of a new album for end of the year

The Prodigy - yeah

Bullet For My Valentine - imagine will sub headline Sonisphere instead

No Doubt - don't see it

Rancid - nah

Less Than Jake - cert not them and Rancid in a row, LTJ much more likely

Flogging Molly - cert not them, LTJ and Rancid in a row... don't see FG doing next year

Streetlight Manifesto - cert not them, FG, LTG and Rancid in a row... prob just do lockup if they play again

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Brother - really don't see them getting this big..

The Temper Trap - yeah sounds good

Mona - be at V I would imagine

The Big Pink - yeah can see them being back

OFWGKTA - would prob be higher if they played again.. maybe even main stage

SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Foo Fighters - yeah

Biffy Clyro - yeah

Pendulum - yeah

The Gaslight Anthem - not this high, but def could see playing

You Me At Six - yeah

Reel Big Fish - doubt this high but could def do main again

Billy Talent - yeah

Sick Of It All - like the friday really don't see these three bands in an order... imagine will do a dif fest if they do a main stage

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Maximo Park - possibly

Two Door Cinema Club - don't see them being back again, due a V appearence

Yuck - don't see them getting this big

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - don't see it

Funeral Party - maybe

SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

Kasabian - yes

Florence And The Machine - def possible

Death Cab For Cutie - not a chance.. seem to remember when they booked alexandra palace they had to demote to brixton academy

Primal Scream - yeah

The Vaccines - be at V imo

Bombay Bicycle Club - maybe

Foals - higher and if they have a new album yes

One Night Only - no

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Pavement - maybe if they are still touring

The Subways - yeah

Special Guests

All Time Low - would def be higher

The Heartbreaks - who?

I don't know if Foo's are really a big headliner, though. I hold them on the kind of Muse level of just a standard headliner. They're proven and credible but not an OMFG artist that Blur would be.

But in the last few/ten years or whatever bands like Muse and Foo's have headlined everywhere and been constantly touring so that although they are a big band, and a headline status band they're not an OMFG announcement band like someone like Blur could be. I class Foo's and Muse with bands like Killers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys and the Strokes. All big, headliner status bands but not necessarily massive shock huge status bands that i think blur would be like. Maybe I'm a bit biased cause I'm a massive Blur fan but I think they are on another level, they'd be so much more of an attraction than your standard headliner.

But in the last few/ten years or whatever bands like Muse and Foo's have headlined everywhere and been constantly touring so that although they are a big band, and a headline status band they're not an OMFG announcement band like someone like Blur could be. I class Foo's and Muse with bands like Killers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys and the Strokes. All big, headliner status bands but not necessarily massive shock huge status bands that i think blur would be like. Maybe I'm a bit biased cause I'm a massive Blur fan but I think they are on another level, they'd be so much more of an attraction than your standard headliner.

Edited by jump

They would, but the reason that they're such an attraction (the scarcity which they play) is the very thing that makes them unlikely and why festivals have the likes of Foos, Muse, Arctics, etc. headlining seemingly on rotation.

If Blur started to play festivals regularly and those other bands went away for four or five years then they would suddenly become the OMFG act.

what you might consider a omfg headliner, isnt the same for everyone. havnt blur done more festival than foo fighters lately?

If blur do headline it wont be omfg headliner, as that was done by glasto and t in the park. I personally think blur are more likely to headline v next year, for no apparant reason though.

again imo r&l need a big rock/metal headliner next year. Someone like system, maiden, tool, rammstein, sabbath someone like that. Have a metal headliner, a rock headliner and a indie or dance headliner. maiden, foos and daft punk headlining has a nice ring to it.

Apparently Albarn is a fan of R&L and Graham was booked quite a few times when he was doing his solo stuff and not sure if it's a 100% true but they wanted to play R&L on their comeback but couldn't and said they would play if they do more shows.

I guess Blur and Foos would make a strong pair, coupled with Kasabian. Two headliners that could easily do 2 hours.

A heavier Punk/Metal headliner isn't necessary either. 2009 had 3 Indie headliners and although it was considered to be one of the worst line-ups ever, there was still a "heavy day".

Give Foos the heavy Sunday at Reading, and if we're sticking to recent trends, put Blur on the Friday and make the undercard heavy, similar to the KOL day in 2009.

Linkin Park

The Prodigy

Incubus

Brand New

The Gaslight Anthem

AFI

Less Than Jake

Feeder

Skunk Anansie

Gallows

Ash

Less Than Jake

----------

Bloc Party

Editors

Maximo Park

The Dead Weather

Death Cab For Cutie

Foals

The Subways

Avenged Sevenfold

Killswitch Engage

Coheed And Cambria

A Day To Remember

Dropkick Murphys

----------

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Bullet For My Valentine

Them Crooked Vultures

All Time Low

Funeral For A Friend

Eagles Of Death Metal

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Wombats

Peter Doherty

Marina And The Diamonds

Chase And Status

Friday:

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Bullet For my Valentine

Feeder

Sum 41

Incubus

NME

The xx

The Maccabees

Temper Trap

Saturday

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Mumford & sons

Klaxons

Foals

Vaccines

NME

Primal Scream

You me At Six

All Time Low

Sunday

Blur

Lostprophets

Florence + The Machine

The Cribs

Jamie T

Subways

NME

Dizzee Rascall

The Wombats

The Kooks

Reading Fri

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Florence + The Machine

Primal Scream

The Cribs

Jamie T

The Subways

Chase & Status

Justice

Magnetic Man

---------------

Reading Sat

Daft Punk

The Prodigy

Pendulum

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

The Gaslight Anthem

Maximo Park

Kids In Glass Houses

Feeder

All Time Low

Sleigh Bells

---------------

Reading Sun

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Bullet For My Valentine

Avenged Sevenfold

You Me At Six

Less Than Jake

The Blackout

Mumford & Sons

Foals

Brother

---------------

Daft Punk are mostly wishful thinking, but overall, realistic or not?