2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

I'm bored so here we go

Friday:

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro - agree, need to get some sub headlining spots before making the step up.

Lostprophets - can only see them going down, but have enough hits

You me at six - too high

Gallows - maybe depends on new material

The Subways

Sum 41 - too low, at least above subways, if not gallows.

A Day To Remember

NME

Primal Scream

The Maccabees

Temper Trap

Brother

Tribes

Local Natives

Saturday:

Kasabian - wouldn't like it, but it is possible

Editors - not sure, would have said third

Vampire Weekend

Klaxons - not sure how good they would be open stage

Foals - see klaxons

Bombay Bicycle Club

Los Campesinos

NME

Manic Street Preachers - can't see it happening again, maybe a main stage slot somewhere

The Courteeners - no thanks

Band Of Horses

All Time Low

Young Guns

Elliot Minor

Sunday:

Bloc Party - not sure having both kasabian and bloc party would work, but can see them headlining

Pendulum - probably

Florence And The Machine - urgh, no thanks

The Cribs - maybe third

Jamie T - agree, has he any new material coming out?

The Vaccines

Yuck

NME

Death Cab For Cutie

The Wombats

Jack Penate

Tinie Tempa (or someone like that) - it might happen, but I can't see it. Would like someone like roots manuva or mos def, would be 100 times better

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avenged Sevenfold are too big for the NME i reckon, their stage show is really only geared for the mainstage plus the amount of fans that would go to Reading just to see them solely will warrant them a mainstage place

Can't see Linkin Park headlining after their poor Download set.

Otherwise the rest seems pretty good and in the right place, would 100% be buying a ticket!

I've got like 5 main bands i hope play 2012. Who reckons any of these will play and if so where on the lineup?

Bloc Party (possible headline or sub)

Franz Ferdinand (not sure where they stand atm)

Vampire Weekend (Headline NME?)

The Wombats (Somewhere on main or sub NME?)

Jamie T (Main?)

I've got like 5 main bands i hope play 2012. Who reckons any of these will play and if so where on the lineup?

Bloc Party (possible headline or sub)

Franz Ferdinand (not sure where they stand atm)

Vampire Weekend (Headline NME?)

The Wombats (Somewhere on main or sub NME?)

Jamie T (Main?)

Avenged Sevenfold are too big for the NME i reckon, their stage show is really only geared for the mainstage plus the amount of fans that would go to Reading just to see them solely will warrant them a mainstage place

Can't see Linkin Park headlining after their poor Download set.

Otherwise the rest seems pretty good and in the right place, would 100% be buying a ticket!

Anyone think they could have another headliner/co-headliner switch thing at Reading and Leeds next year?

Like, say R.E.M. headline Reading with Kasabian below them, and the next day Kasabian headline Leeds with R.E.M. in 2nd?

Anyone think they could have another headliner/co-headliner switch thing at Reading and Leeds next year?

Like, say R.E.M. headline Reading with Kasabian below them, and the next day Kasabian headline Leeds with R.E.M. in 2nd?

Weren't R.E.M. down to headline the 4Music stage at V this year though? They also 2nd headlined Oxegen the other year as well IIRC. It was just an idea I had that may be similar to The Strokes/Pulp this year, a big modern day Indie band and an Indie legend, and R.E.M. were the first name I had in mind.

Although yes, I'd love R.E.M. at Leeds and would be a great headliner.

I'm not sure...the Manics and Lostprophets could do it. If they were up against someone who would pull in a big crowd, who aren't too musically similar to QOTSA, like, say, Kasabian, I think it could work.

On their latest tour they've been playing Academy sized venues too, right size for an NME headliner?

Edited by jump

Weren't R.E.M. down to headline the 4Music stage at V this year though? They also 2nd headlined Oxegen the other year as well IIRC. It was just an idea I had that may be similar to The Strokes/Pulp this year, a big modern day Indie band and an Indie legend, and R.E.M. were the first name I had in mind.

Although yes, I'd love R.E.M. at Leeds and would be a great headliner.

Was just an idea anyway. I've noticed in recent years on the Saturday at Reading they always get a legendary 2nd headliner - The Prodigy, The Libertines, Pulp - followed by a modern Indie act so I was thinking of a band that could fit that mold seen in the recent trend.

How about Morrissey or The Specials then? :P

The Manics were up against The Killers as well, who drew one of the largest crowds of the weekend, arguably as big as the crowd Rage got the previous evening so like I said, if QOTSA were up against a band who could really pull the punters in it might work having them in the tent. It'd also look "original" on FR's part instead of just having them 2nd headline for the 3rd time in 5 years (I'm sure they'd want to appease the festival goers after Bloc Party-gate in 2009 :lol: )

Was just an idea anyway. I've noticed in recent years on the Saturday at Reading they always get a legendary 2nd headliner - The Prodigy, The Libertines, Pulp - followed by a modern Indie act so I was thinking of a band that could fit that mold seen in the recent trend.