2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Jay-Z and Kanye would co-headline rather than KW be a Special Guest. I based their undercard on the fact that when big rap acts have played in the past (Eminem 01 and 50 Cent in 04) They've been on the heavy day. Weezer may be a bit optimistic but they were just so good last year and as for Franz, that spot was very difficult to fill, I doubt Morrissey would play and Editors aren't big enough to sub, The Prodigy only headlined the second stage at V last year, so I doubt they'll be booked to headline. At least I haven't predicted QOTSA or Biffy to sub for the Foo's as everyone else has :D

Jay Z

The Prodigy

No Doubt

Lostprophets

Rancid

Atreyu

Billy Talent

Streetlight Manifesto

Cancer Bats

Lower Than Atlantis

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Incubus

The Gaslight Anthem

You Me At Six

Funeral For A Friend

Less Than Jake

Twin Atlantic

Airbourne

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Manic Street Preachers

Death Cab For Cutie

White Lies

Band Of Horses

Yuck

Jack Penate

Blood Red Shoes

Warpaint

Can't be arsed making an NME prediction :P But I'll take a guess and assume that one headliner will be a Dance act, one an Indie act and one a semi-legendary band.

Why not go like this if Kanye West and Jay-Z were to play?

Headliner :

Linkin Park - with some collaborations with Jay-Z

Special Guest - Jay-Z with Kanye West

Thoughts?

Edited by GRichards23

A lot of people on here seem to have gaslight anthem as 4th headliners, I know they are popular on here but I cant see them doing enough in the next year to jump up the line up 3 places compared to last year. I actually think you me and six would play above them.

I agree FF are currently bigger over here, but Gaslight Anthem absolutely nailed Glastonbury too. In fact, I make them 2-2 on the nailing Glastonbury score. If the next albums big I think they could justify being gambled on a bit at 4th top

I think Gaslight could play fourth, their profile has increased since last year and they made good impressions at Glasto and Download. I can aslo see White Lies playing fourth.

I'm interested in the guarantee that two hours from Jay Z/Kanye West would be incredible and brilliant, is there a plan for financial reimbursement if one didn't find it incredible? I could pretty much guarantee that I wouldn't find it incredible and I'll be willing to pay out if I did.

Also why would FR book Kanye West after he failed to deliver regarding ticket sales for The Big Chill and got booed by the crowd after going on a 10-minute rant during his set?

Edited by mrtourette

Fair play. I am biased as FF are one of my favourite bands, I can see real potential & they are still in their 20s playing 3rd on the Other at Glastonbury after two albums is pretty impressive. I'm just struggling to name more than one GLA single but I guess R+L don't really book bands on singles chart success, more on the critical acclaim (I think, hence why FF are so high up this year).

This video is bloody brilliant...

I'll be honest, I completely forgot they played the Pyramid this year, looks like they got a decent crowd too but Glasto goers are completely different to R+L.

Edited by MEGABOWL