2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three headliners were known last year around Christmas time as they were all up on the rumours page, although for a while MCR were thought to be subbing.

In 2010 though, we knew about Arcade Fire about a month or two before the announcement, and we'd suspected Blink-182 since right after the 2009 fest, but IIRC we didn't know about GNR until about a week before, and I think it was Keese who first told us they were playing?

I think we'll be informed of the 3rd headliner sooner or later, but it could be right before the announcement.

listen, chaps.

florence and the machine are not going to headline, i can put my cock and balls on the line for that. im glad talk of mumford headlining is out of the window cos theres another ridiculous shout. Flo would suit the NME just right and is a probably healiner for that along with Maccabees which is a deffo and i doubt Two Door will headline NME because of how shit they were on mainstage last year.

Im also glad this shite about kasabian not being big enough is out, they're fuckin huge. i saw them fill the O2 area in london like nothing else, they've got a huge fan base, they're sick live, and have got like 5 albums now, all with some absolute bangers on them. They're a great booking.

Bloc Party (as much as i love them) are not a particulaly good headline booking but with the whole emphasis of reforming and that is, for me, the most likely suggestion so far. Green Day have been rumoured like every year, bit like Muse who finally headlined last year, so it is possible, Linkin Park just no. i hope its someone a bit edgy though, someone completly different to foos and kasabian, like chemical brothers, or the Rolling Stones (i expect some abuse for that, but it is there 50 year aniversary and a tour is on the way). i dont think it'll be a predictable one though, FR will go comletely unexpected for this 3rd headliner i think. seeing as Foos and Kasabian were so obvious

Would MB really hold the third headliner back just for it to be FATM? This third headliner seems so shrouded in secret that its either going to be a huge announcement or a complete dissapointment!

I can imagine why they would hold the info back on say someone like Green Day as that would be a massive announcement come the 12th March but say they announce FATM, it doesnt really seem to have that wow factor, also surely there would be a good rumour about her headlining, British acts tend to talk more to the english media so we would be more aware of her if she was to play R&L-not bullet proof logic I know! Just trying to look at it from a different angle!

Would MB really hold the third headliner back just for it to be FATM? This third headliner seems so shrouded in secret that its either going to be a huge announcement or a complete dissapointment!

I can imagine why they would hold the info back on say someone like Green Day as that would be a massive announcement come the 12th March but say they announce FATM, it doesnt really seem to have that wow factor, also surely there would be a good rumour about her headlining, British acts tend to talk more to the english media so we would be more aware of her if she was to play R&L-not bullet proof logic I know! Just trying to look at it from a different angle!

listen, chaps.

florence and the machine are not going to headline, i can put my cock and balls on the line for that. im glad talk of mumford headlining is out of the window cos theres another ridiculous shout. Flo would suit the NME just right and is a probably healiner for that along with Maccabees which is a deffo and i doubt Two Door will headline NME because of how shit they were on mainstage last year.

Im also glad this shite about kasabian not being big enough is out, they're fuckin huge. i saw them fill the O2 area in london like nothing else, they've got a huge fan base, they're sick live, and have got like 5 albums now, all with some absolute bangers on them. They're a great booking.

Bloc Party (as much as i love them) are not a particulaly good headline booking but with the whole emphasis of reforming and that is, for me, the most likely suggestion so far. Green Day have been rumoured like every year, bit like Muse who finally headlined last year, so it is possible, Linkin Park just no. i hope its someone a bit edgy though, someone completly different to foos and kasabian, like chemical brothers, or the Rolling Stones (i expect some abuse for that, but it is there 50 year aniversary and a tour is on the way). i dont think it'll be a predictable one though, FR will go comletely unexpected for this 3rd headliner i think. seeing as Foos and Kasabian were so obvious

All three headliners were known last year around Christmas time as they were all up on the rumours page, although for a while MCR were thought to be subbing.

In 2010 though, we knew about Arcade Fire about a month or two before the announcement, and we'd suspected Blink-182 since right after the 2009 fest, but IIRC we didn't know about GNR until about a week before, and I think it was Keese who first told us they were playing?

I think we'll be informed of the 3rd headliner sooner or later, but it could be right before the announcement.

What would people think to this? I know there is the argument of whether Florence is bigger than Kasabian etc, realistically take out Sex Pistols and put in Linkin Park, would love it to be Sex Pistols and can see it happening as FR could claim it to be a world wide exclusive, here we go:

My-Guess-8.jpg

Edited by Dukeeyyy