2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R&L gives people their 1st shot, known for it. She was booked 2 years ago for a FR festival. It depends where your playing to how popular you are. If you're saying that, Kasabian play knowhere near the top of the bill in Germany as they simply aren't that big.

Flo is bigger than Dizzee, would you really see her headlining Splendour Fest in Nottingham? Dizee has done the Bestival heading rounds, Flo might not even need to go there and just pass it.

Just gonna throw my opinion on FATM into the hat also. Despite selling out her tour i don't recon she's even big enough to headline a festival like R+L. Well she's obviously big enough being like 8' 9" or what ever she is, but i think she needs a few more headline slots and albums under her belt for a bit of cement. Also she looks like Woody Harrelson in a ginger wig. Not bitter or anything honestly.

All three headliners were known last year around Christmas time as they were all up on the rumours page, although for a while MCR were thought to be subbing.

In 2010 though, we knew about Arcade Fire about a month or two before the announcement, and we'd suspected Blink-182 since right after the 2009 fest, but IIRC we didn't know about GNR until about a week before, and I think it was Keese who first told us they were playing?

I think we'll be informed of the 3rd headliner sooner or later, but it could be right before the announcement.

But Melvin Keeps saying it is the biggest 'rock' festival in the world. Surely Flo Mo isn't classed as rock? Maybe a couple of songs.

Fair point about Kasabian but they are massive in the UK, similar to Florence, but Kasabian have the edge as they fit the demographic and would be appreciated more by the fans.

Flo bigger then Dizzee? I dont know... yes he might not play big venues but he is certainly very popular with everyone. Has a massive fanbase.

Personally i think she's at Bestival or Hop farm or whatever the options are :P

What makes everyone so sure that Neils source is so reliable? She might not even be playing a festival. plus she could still get announced for v yet similarly to The Vaccines.

Just gonna throw my opinion on FATM into the hat also. Despite selling out her tour i don't recon she's even big enough to headline a festival like R+L. Well she's obviously big enough being like 8' 9" or what ever she is, but i think she needs a few more headline slots and albums under her belt for a bit of cement. Also she looks like Woody Harrelson in a ginger wig. Not bitter or anything honestly.

Can you link please? :)

I thought he's said recently, if anything, the festival was moving away from "rock" and heavier acts. It's also important to point out again FATM started out as a fast rock band, and also whatever MB says is generally said to sell the fest.