2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said she was unlikely a while back when I was pretty sure she was playing V. Sionce it's now looking unlikely that she's playing V then it looks likjely she's at Reading.

I said something like that about Mumfords, tho after more consideration it's quite possible that info can't be trusted as correct because all that was said to me doesn't add up.

Arcade fire had released 2 critically acclaimed album and were releasing the third on quite a lot of hype. MCR had released several albums and had a cult following. Florence is a Vampire Weekend sized act not a MCR/Arcade Fire. Florence will not sell tickets to the day trippers so she wont headline

Is there any chance of a co-headline slot like last year Neil?

Like people have said previously there have been a legendary headliner, a rock based headliner and an indie headliner over the last few years. So maybe the person stated earlier has got it correct. Maybe to boost the ticket sales on the kasabian day Melvin has booked FATM into subbing at Leeds and Headlining the Saturday at reading to Kasabian. Just a guess? i may be being stupid. :sarcastic:

PS im not saying that Kasabian wouldn't sell the day tickets, just have played about everywhere but R&L the last few years.

Edited by ashrichards

I don't think it will be anyone too unexpected now, from what has been said.

Imagine if it was

Green Day

FATM

The Black Keys

NME: The Cure

Kasabian

Bloc Party

Kaiser Chiefs

NME: Enter Shikari

Foos

QOTSA

The D

NME:The Maccabees

Then everyone would be happy... :girlhaha:

Please note: I be kidding.

Is there any chance of a co-headline slot like last year Neil?

Like people have said previously there have been a legendary headliner, a rock based headliner and an indie headliner over the last few years. So maybe the person stated earlier has got it correct. Maybe to boost the ticket sales on the kasabian day Melvin has booked FATM into subbing at Leeds and Headlining the Saturday at reading to Kasabian. Just a guess? i may be being stupid. :sarcastic:

PS im not saying that Kasabian wouldn't sell the day tickets, just have played about everywhere but R&L the last few years.

Arcade fire had released 2 critically acclaimed album and were releasing the third on quite a lot of hype. MCR had released several albums and had a cult following. Florence is a Vampire Weekend sized act not a MCR/Arcade Fire. Florence will not sell tickets to the day trippers so she wont headline

Flo might not headline, but she'd flog those day tickets - and weekend tickets - better than just about every band on the bill bar the Foos.

I really don't think florence could sell out hyde park at all, she has all the makings of being a subheadliner but never bigger. I can't honestly believe anyone would spend £50 on a ticket to see Florence and support, now if it was Mumford and Sons + Florence co-headlining a show that would sell out hyde park but I dont think she has enough appeal to sell it out yet. AF had also pretty much sold out an arena tour if I remember correctly and MCR have always had the cult that will snap up day tickets. Selling out a 7k venue for 2 nights in London isn't to biggest challenge, the Maccabees are playing Ally pally but would never headline reading. She is atleast an album from headlining imo.

Basically Florence would be a massive draw under a headliner but not a great draw by any means as an outright headliner.

Edited by mrtourette