2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Flo is headlining the same night as Maccabees headline NME then, cos I really want to se maccabees. Would say thats unlikely though. Hopefully the other NME headliners are good or we have a decent Lock up headliner that night. Definitely not watching Florence and the Machine and her horrible screechy voice.

It really doesn't make any sense to book Flo as a headliner though does it?

Look at the stick Arcade Fire got last year, and they are an amazingly talented alternative band. Again with MCR, but they at least are suited to the festival.

Florence is an above average pop act at best. Melvin must surely have thought about the abuse he and the festival would get if he booked her to headline. Would he purposely try to alienate at least 50% of R+L go'ers ??

It really does make very little sense at all. He cant have expected a positive reaction from the booking if indeed it is true!

If it is Flo then that is defiantly a weak headliner. I'm not going on albums sold or tickets to shows, i see it as she is subbing snow patrol at T who are then subbing Killers at V. I just wouldn't be impressed at the booking, i can easily see her subbing main stage.

It's all opinion i guess (and i guess other festivals, and the majority of people(?) have a different opinion to Melvin (like MCR last year))

I hope Florance Headlining is some kind of sick joke, if so our "new" headliner gets worse every year.

I could tolerate Arcade Fire & MCR at least worked their way up the bill and in some respects earned there headline spot,

but Florance will raise more eye brows than any other headline act I think I've ever seen on any bill.

Meanwhile, just had another mail, this time from someone with a history with me.

And they're saying, very insistently .....

Green Day.

However, while this guy has a history, it's not 100% perfect. I have no doubt that they have an inside line with some of what they've previously told me, but without it being 100% I can't put too much faith in it because of the better record around the arena tour thing.

But there is a certain V festival for people who like her and her machine, and they can have the time of their lives and watch Olly Murs and Nicki Minaj too if they want. If thats the way the festival is going, down the more pop route, then i can see it struggling to sell out. It will never compare to V in that stakes, and with Creamfields the same weekend too it will lose out to that crowd to.

Meanwhile, just had another mail, this time from someone with a history with me.

Green Day.

However, while this guy has a history, it's not 100% perfect. I have no doubt that they have an inside line with some of what they've previously told me, but without it being 100% I can't put too much faith in it because of the better record around the arena tour thing.

Green Day.