2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Blur announced. After missing out on seeing them in 2009, I always said I'd do anything to see them but Hyde Park was never a feasible option.

It seems very much like the Libertines situation in 2010. If I remember rightly, Neil had insisted several times it wouldn't happen that year until Keese came along and suddenly, it was on! I hope it's the same this time.

Speaking of Keese though, has he made an appearance this year yet?

Damon has involvement in the Olympics as artistic director, so a Blur show there has always been a part of his plans.

I'd guess that pretty much rules them out for R/L. Melvin is very insistant on getting exclusive acts of some kind, and with London being just down the road, and the date only a couple of weeks before, it seems to me that Melvin wouldn't have considered them even if they were available - which I'm not sure they are.

Having said all of that it would be a very popular booking, and I doubt that the existance of that London show would have much impact on R/L sales. So while I think it's unlikely I can't rule out the possibility completely.

Against other info I have tho (which I'm not saying) I'd say it's not going to happen. That other info makes it look very unlikely.

I'll be really pissed off it turns out to be Blur now, having just purchased tickets for Blur at Hyde Park. I've always wanted to see Blur so I thought that would have been my only chance. The Hyde Park gig is the day after my sister's wedding so it would be much more convenient to go to Leeds like I always do, especially with a line-up that is looking so strong if all the rumours are true.

Neil, I'm pretty sure you said somewhere that Blur will definitely not be doing R+L this year? What has made you so dramatically change your mind?

Neil, I'm pretty sure you said somewhere that Blur will definitely not be doing R+L this year? What has made you so dramatically change your mind?

I'm with the guy above. You said 100% not blur....Neils prestigious record is being dragged through the mud slightly.......

I said not Blur cos the Blur press release for Hyde Park said it was their only major show - which has already been proven as wrong.

LEEDS FRIDAY/READING SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

Foo Fighters

The Black Keys

Tenacious D

At The Drive-In

Rancid

Bowling For Soup

Less Than Jake

Silverstein

Airbourne

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Two Door Cinema Club

The Wombats

The Drums

Tribes

LEEDS SATURDAY/READING FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Blur

Florence And The Machine

Dizzee Rascal

You Me At Six

The Gaslight Anthem

All Time Low

A Day To Remember

Twin Atlantic

Cancer Bats

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Lostprophets

The Subways

Mona

Metronomy

LEEDS SUNDAY/READING SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Kasabian

New Order

Kaiser Chiefs

The Vaccines

White Lies

Gogol Bordello

Bombay Bicycle Club

The Naked And Famous

Jack Penate

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

The Maccabees

Foster The People

Lana Del Ray

Miike Snow

Edited by VCK

I will wait until the official announcement.

It makes sense though, they wait until Hyde Park is sold out then announce more shows. Surely it's got to be some sort of trade descriptions violation by billing Hyde Park as Blur's only major gig this year? Or do they not class R/L as a major gig? Or any of the other shows they're doing?