2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arguably, White Lies haven't grown enough in popularity since last year to merit this, but I think they would be a great NME headliner, after Elbow, they were my favourite act last year and if they go on the main stage I don't think it'd be as good, even if they don't headline NME I hope they sub at least!

Biffy Clyro weren't a sub when they were supporting Muse and Foo's. They played 3rd down at R&L after supporting Muse at their shows in the september after. Before that when they supported Foo's, they were taking 4th/5th spot at R&L.

They have headlined a festival that's attendance is based in one place/one weekend and not a cut on the size of R&L.

Where did Kasabian support muse on their last tour?

Kasabian supported Oasis in July 09, when the only festival that would give them a headline spot was Creamfields in 08. They waited until T 2010 to get their headline spot.

The Foo Fighters gigs were they supported where like 6 months ago. They were booked to headline Sonisphere by then and would of arguably subbed R/L last year if they were announced.

Kasabian supported Muse throughout Europe, I know Europe isn't the same as UK but you catch my drift :P.

They deserved to headline the tent last year I reckon, I think the only reason they were put as subs was because of Liam being stubborn. Beady Eye did not deserve the position they had but since it's 3/4s of Oasis I think Liam demanded a headline position so FR gave them it.

Dizzee - played 3rd in 10, supporting a yet to sell out RHCP gig, has headlined a 50k single fest, just like New Order, and is headlining the likes of Splendour festival this year. He's not a guaranteed sub at R&L, he could still easily go back and play 3rd. He has subbed at Glasto but it was going to be the the biggest band on the planet at the time arguably and Glasto has different placings to many other fests as except for the headliners, it's not just based on that.

I think Dave Grohl will be easier to persuade to have the normal time due to 20th Anniversary and that. However, maybe Blur would appreciate the 20th anniversary and let Foo's have it.

BLUR MAY NOT EVEN BE THE HEADLINER THOUGH

Edited by JJOKOCHA

I can't believe there is a discussion about it, both blur and foos would get two hours, anything else would be waste of them playing the slot, if your paying to get bands like that you want them to do as much of their material as you can.

But you never know what could happen during the foos sets due to the anniversary, probably something special would only happen at reading anyway (shame)

I can't believe there is a discussion about it, both blur and foos would get two hours, anything else would be waste of them playing the slot, if your paying to get bands like that you want them to do as much of their material as you can.

But you never know what could happen during the foos sets due to the anniversary, probably something special would only happen at reading anyway (shame)