2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, been lurking for a while thought i'd jump in and post my prediction. Might even make a poster if i have time :)

Friday

Main

Slipknot (Co-headline)

SOAD (Co-headline)

A7X

Korn

Nme

Primal Scream

Miles Kane

Dance

Nero

Festival Republic

The Joy Formidable

Saturday

Main

Kasabian

Morrissey

Editors

Noel Gallagher

NME

suede

The drums

Lock Up

Gallows

Festival Republic

TDCC

Sunday

Main

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

The Enemy

The Hives

NME

Chase & Status

Magnetic Man

Lock Up

Sonic Boom Six

Festival Republic

Cage the elephant

Opinions?

Just tried a few different bands, not sure about the placings of some like korn and are TDCC to big for festival republic, just seem to follow a trend of mid nme, low main and then headline FR. A few bands i'm giving a place on up coming releases, the drums have a new album, the single has got some airplay and the hives also have a new album, and i think would be the weezer/madness of the year.

Only going to do the main placements.

Friday: Main: The Prodigy, Bloc Party, Placebo

NME: Maximo Park, Two Door Cinema Club,

Saturday: Main: Kasabian, Mumford, Florence

NME: Chase and Status, You Me At Six

Sunday: Main: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Pixies (special guest slot, like Madness?)

NME: The Kooks, Bombay Bicycle Club

Prodigy's probably a controversial choice as headliner, but they'd put on a good show, and I can't see Bloc Party headlining! I know someone put TDCC as FR headliner on a previous post, but they're way to big for that, and they said at the end of their Reading set in '11 they hare hoping to play again this year, seems a realistic placement due to their popularity. Despite not being everyone's cup of tea, Mumford can easily sub and smash it, while Florence has a new album coming out which she'll want to promote. Judging by her popularity and the fact she loves Reading I can see her playing third.

That's my explanations! Seems realistic enough to me, and popular enough to shift tickets. Would be happy for comments on it!

Edited by mb23

Only going to do the main placements.

Friday: Main: The Prodigy, Bloc Party, Placebo

NME: Maximo Park, Two Door Cinema Club,

Saturday: Main: Kasabian, Mumford, Florence

NME: Chase and Status, You Me At Six

Sunday: Main: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Pixies (special guest slot, like Madness?)

NME: The Kooks, Bombay Bicycle Club

Prodigy's probably a controversial choice as headliner, but they'd put on a good show, and I can't see Bloc Party headlining! I know someone put TDCC as FR headliner on a previous post, but they're way to big for that, and they said at the end of their Reading set in '11 they hare hoping to play again this year, seems a realistic placement due to their popularity. Despite not being everyone's cup of tea, Mumford can easily sub and smash it, while Florence has a new album coming out which she'll want to promote. Judging by her popularity and the fact she loves Reading I can see her playing third.

That's my explanations! Seems realistic enough to me, and popular enough to shift tickets. Would be happy for comments on it!

Friday main as much as I can see where your coming from, I do think the top two will be that reversed. NME could very well happen, though please no Bloc/The Prodigy and Two Door clash although it'd be maina ll day.

Saturday, As realistic as I've seen on main but Florence I could see getting a high spot at V too.

Sunday, Not bad but can't see The Kooks ever playing Reading again, they have V I'd say now to be honest. Primal Scream/Lostphrophets is the obvsious two choices for it but I feel C&S would clash with Foo's

One thing you have to take note of is that FR always throw in a few unexpected bands that aren't rumoured or frequently predicted (Madness, Cypress Hill, Modest Mouse, NOFX, Gogol Bordello, Ian Brown, Brand New) or bands that are placed higher/lower than people expected (The National, Friendly Fires, Two Door Cinema Club, Rise Against, Weezer, Limp Bizkit, The Maccabees, Vampire Weekend, Deftones, The Courteeners) so no prediction is going to be 100% spot on as there are bound to be a few curveballs in there :P Still, it's always fun making predictions and changing them round a bit.

But just a pointer there to people, will be interesting to see some predictions with a few spanners in the proverbial!

One thing you have to take note of is that FR always throw in a few unexpected bands that aren't rumoured or frequently predicted (Madness, Cypress Hill, Modest Mouse, NOFX, Gogol Bordello, Ian Brown, Brand New) or bands that are placed higher/lower than people expected (The National, Friendly Fires, Two Door Cinema Club, Rise Against, Weezer, Limp Bizkit, The Maccabees, Vampire Weekend, Deftones, The Courteeners) so no prediction is going to be 100% spot on as there are bound to be a few curveballs in there :P Still, it's always fun making predictions and changing them round a bit.

But just a pointer there to people, will be interesting to see some predictions with a few spanners in the proverbial!

Not sure I can agree with that, since Madness have got back together they have been releasing albums and done a few good songs (IMO) like NW5 & Lovestruck and tried new things like Sorry where as Pixies have been back 7/8 years now and still haven't released anything new.

But you can see them rocking up at loads of different festivals where they're booked as crowd-pleasers for a sunny afternoon set? As popular as Madness were they were put in a specific slot for a specific reason, because of the type of band/act that they have become. Pixies just aren't that, regardless of new material.