2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Aren't both bands doing that though? Pixies were booked at V which is hardly their crowd. It's been said by the band themsleves they'll probably never do another album and the reason they got back together so one of them (Joey?) could get a quick pay day to pay for their kid's school.

Edited by mrtourette

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've probably got a different definition of special guests, they were never announced as special guests or anything like that but yeah they did have their logo on the poster and it's easy to imagine that FR thought of them as some kind of daytime trump card. JEW and The National were on after and also got longer than most bands in their positions, I think that was mainly down to there being one band less than normal and The Strokes having a shorter set.

They played V at the time of their reunion when the V crowd was different than it is today. I agree that they're hawking an old product around but they haven't slipped into the same niche that Madness have and don't fill the same spot for festival promoters - I can't imagine any organiser thinking "wow that worked really well with Madness playing on a Saturday afternoon in the sun, getting a massive crowd for a big singalong and bridging a gap across fans of several genres, I'll try the same thing next year" and then choosing Pixies to fill that role.

Well, they got a longer slot than Jimmy Eat World, and everyone was shocked why they were that low down when it was announced. I think their slot was specifically to be in the middle of a sunny afternoon, so they were given a special guest slot (or a slot with benefits, whatever you wanna call it).

At R+L they be seen as a nostalgia band but they've played major slots at other festivals and easily pulled them off. They even headlined the second stage at TitP last year, and were brilliant!

Edited by jump

A slightly different guess, going with the full thing now.

Kasabian

The Prodigy

Noel Gallagher

Maximo Park

Feeder/The Gaslight Anthem

You Me At Six

Billy Talent

FFAF

The Naked and Famous

Twin Atantic

Lostprophets

Death Cab For Cutie

Bloc Party

Mumford & Sons

Florence and the Machine

Vampire Weekend

The Gaslight Anthem/The Vaccines

Gogol Bordello

Less Than Jake

Bowling For Soup

Letlive

The Young Knives

Primal Scream

The Subways

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Placebo

Incubus

Rancid

ADTR

Eagles Of Death Metal

Skindred

Cancer Bats

Chase and Status

Justice

I want to fit we are scientists in there but can only see a 2nd place on NME. Although if Feeder don't play, thats the place right there.

I have a hunch that Kaiser Chiefs might not play. I reckon to sell tickets, these 3rds wll do it better

Edited by gazza_20

FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Placebo

No Doubt

Rancid

Eagles Of Death Metal

Funeral For A Friend

Airbourne

Streetlight Manifesto

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Chase & Status

Magnetic Man

Mona

The King Blues

White Denim

SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Kasabian

The Prodigy

Noel Gallagher

The Gaslight Anthem

You Me At Six

A Day To Remember

Less Than Jake

Twin Atlantic

Cancer Bats

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Death Cab For Cutie

The Subways

Marina And The Diamonds

Delphic

Fools Gold

SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

Bloc Party

Mumford & Sons

Kaiser Chiefs

The Black Keys

Doves

Gogol Bordello

The Temper Trap

Young Knives

Girls

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Primal Scream

The Wombats

Yuck

The Shins

Grouplove

No he wouldn't, he'd be above Beady Eye. As mentioned Noel has sold out a more expensive tour playing mostly bigger venues before his album was even released and I can guarantee it will be a lot more successful than Beady Eye's effort. Noel is a bigger pull than Liam & co because his solo shows up until now have been quite rare and special (see: The Dreams We Have as Children).

Noel will be able to shift tickets well for the rest of his life.

Edited by Dan R

Fair point, I forget how many oasis mega-fans there are. I just thought Noel and Beady Eye were playing similar venues for similar prices. Though am I the only one who thinks he's far more likely to go to V? I was surprised when Beady Eye weren't announced there this year, seems much more of an Oasis crowd than R+L.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I reckon there aren't enough heavier bands included on the second stage as an alternative to the lighter main stage days in a lot of these predictions. We've had Jane's Addiction (or were supposed to), Pendulum, Faith No More and Lostprophets headlining, with AFI, Glassjaw, Gallows, Enter Shikari, Serj Tankian, The Gaslight Anthem and Panic At The Disco also in high slots as rock/punk etc alternatives to the indie on main in recent years, yet a lot of people seem to have yet more indie as the 'alternative'...?

Edited by Hart Attack

Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I reckon there aren't enough heavier bands included on the second stage as an alternative to the lighter main stage days in a lot of these predictions. We've had Jane's Addiction (or were supposed to), Pendulum, Faith No More and Lostprophets headlining, with AFI, Glassjaw, Gallows, Enter Shikari, Serj Tankian, The Gaslight Anthem and Panic At The Disco also in high slots as rock/punk etc alternatives to the indie on main in recent years, yet a lot of people seem to have yet more indie as the 'alternative'...?