2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have this band headlined Reading/Leeds before Neil and are they to headline next year ?

no idea on either.

All I know is that one of the major Reading hotels has been block-booked for the whole weekend, when it's not been block-booked in previous years.

I'd say it's hugely likely that the booking has been made by an act that's appearing at the fest, rather than as festival staff accommodation, tho it's slightly odd that an act would need the whole weekend - but maybe they're being divas, or perhaps the day they might play is currently fluid so they're covering all possibilities.

It must be a huge act probably American/overseas.

Random guesses....

Stone Roses (They must be paid a wedge and able to afford it they are got back together)

Soundgarden

Green Day

Jay Z & Kayne West

Gorillaz (not Blur imo as they live close and Gorillaz have loads of memebers/guests)

Is poor old Scott unable to get in the Crown Plaza next year then? Just out of curiosity are we talking about all three days or just the one night? I'm in the IBIS again and I vaguely remember Metallica being next door in the Novotel the last time they played and I don't think they blocked booked that, so we can probably rule them out.

Is poor old Scott unable to get in the Crown Plaza next year then? Just out of curiosity are we talking about all three days or just the one night? I'm in the IBIS again and I vaguely remember Metallica being next door in the Novotel the last time they played and I don't think they blocked booked that, so we can probably rule them out.

How annoying. Good luck with finding an alternative. The IBIS isn't exactly cheap over that weekend but £232 for three nights split between two is something I can live with and is cheaper than what I payed at the IBIS in 2009 and £143 cheaper than the Novotel this year!

The Rolling Stones will be celebrating their 50th anniversary next year, would a classic era rock and roll band be welcome at Reading and Leeds?

They appeared at the first (National Jazz and Blues Festival ) Festival in 63 and were the headliners in 1964

Edited by 5co77ie

The Rolling Stones will be celebrating their 50th anniversary next year, would a classic era rock and roll band be welcome at Reading and Leeds?

They appeared at the first (National Jazz and Blues Festival ) Festival in 63 and were the headliners in 1964