2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably have to go with the following

Blur/Beastie Boys: I reckon the organisers would go straight for blur if they were available but if not I think Beastie Boys if their album does alright.

Bloc Party: Seem to fit the bill, Russell Lissack has left Ash so they will probs be returning soon. Don't think its Biffy's time just yet.

Foo Fighter: Everyone has already said why.

I could also see Lostprophets and Mumford quite high up and prey to god Weezer and Limp Bizkit get booked again after last years epic performances

i still reckon blur for v festival, although someone's suggestion at Lady Gaga and The Strokes wouldn't be too far away. She I would imagine be back there next year and too big to headline 2nd stage I'd have thought.

SO

Bloc Party

Kaiser Chiefs

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Blur

The Prodigy

I'm still not convinced about Bloc Party headlining next year. I can see why people are predicting them (R/L clearly love them, FR seem to like to give fresh headliners a chance, off the back of a mini-hiatus.) But unless the new album is better recieved commercially and critically than Intimacy was, which I don't think is a given, I think they'd be too much of a risk as headliners. Personally, I'd say that Biffy Clyro, if their Soni shows go well, and if they can get a new album out by next year, are much more likely to be able to make the step up to headliners.

Headliners: Foo's, Blur, Bloc Party, Green Day, The Libertines, The Killers

Sub's: Lostprophets, Paramore, Weezer, Mumford and Sons, Enter Shikari

Shikari and Mumford are long shots for subs, and I'm sure I'll get some bollocking for them (as well as Prophets most likely) but I can see it. Shikari are just on a massive roll up the bill and if their next album is big, they can secure it and they will deserve it. Mumford are big enough for a third from top spot right now I reckon, they're scheduling a new album for late this year, so can definitely climb up to sub in a year.

Libertines are an odd one for headline, I know. But I think they're taking this ear out to finish up all the solo stuff and get back into the studio. They've hinted it, and with some new material and the added reliability they've now got, they can definitely have a headline slot.

And just in case you're a bit slow, I'm not going for six headliners and five subs, just some kind of mixture of the above.

Shikari and Mumford are long shots for subs, and I'm sure I'll get some bollocking for them (as well as Prophets most likely) but I can see it. Shikari are just on a massive roll up the bill and if their next album is big, they can secure it and they will deserve it. Mumford are big enough for a third from top spot right now I reckon, they're scheduling a new album for late this year, so can definitely climb up to sub in a year.

Headliners: Foo's, Blur, Bloc Party, Green Day, The Libertines, The Killers

Sub's: Lostprophets, Paramore, Weezer, Mumford and Sons, Enter Shikari

Libertines are an odd one for headline, I know. But I think they're taking this ear out to finish up all the solo stuff and get back into the studio. They've hinted it, and with some new material and the added reliability they've now got, they can definitely have a headline slot.

And just in case you're a bit slow, I'm not going for six headliners and five subs, just some kind of mixture of the above.

Enter Shikari would have to suddenly get huge in the next year to sub headline the fest - Paramore and Thirty Seconds To Mars are much bigger.

Mumford and Sons aren't a 'long shot' for sub-headline at all - they could potentially headline the fest if their next album does as well as their debut.

i think enter shikari would proberly play 3rd not 2nd after there next album but then again thats just with me guessing how popular it is... but i would not complain if they subbed as they are a popular reading band and are a very good live act! wont be next year tho as they would have played the last 3 years, maybi 2013

I think some people on here massively overestimate the popularity of bands, normally ones that they like, gaslight anthem are another example. Enter Shikari are not close to being a band who could subheadline reading/leeds. The likes of blink 182 and my chemical romance have struggled to sell arenas lately, Im not sure enter shikari would even attempt to play an arena as a subheadliner should.