Foals

I reckon skrillex will play dance tent.

Also over the weekend on NME or FR

Marcus Foster

Local Natives

Alex Turner

Venice Ahoy

All Time Low

I think people need to look at the facts here.

Noel Gallagher - FAR more likely to be a V act.

Bloc Party - Definitely are big enough to headline. Everytime I've seen them play at Leeds they've had a MASSIVE CROWD. And as for bloc party not appealing to the current clientele, I don't think that could be further from the truth. I have said from the start of my predictions that I think they'll co-headline with Biffy Clyro, and I stand by that

Chase & Status - I feel is an unlikely act (as much as I'd love them to be there, I just can't see it)

Metallica - THERE IS NO PATTERN. IT'S COINCIDENCE, IF MB WANTS TO BOOK METALLICA THIS YEAR HE WILL

Mumford & Sons - I know they're popular, but I don't think they are big enough to be subheadliner to anyone.

Chase & Status have toured relentlesslly off 1 album for 3/4 years. They will surely break and Get back in the studio.

And the only statement there that isn't a fact is my opinion on Mumford. And I don't think they're big enough to sub because they have had 1 album out so far, the album in itself was only moderately successful. only 1 of the singles went big. if you look at the last 3 years alone the sub headliners have been established and succesful acts. QOTSA, 30 stm, Paramore, Elbow, Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, The Prodigy, Bloc Party. Mumford & Sons have got a long way to go before getting in to that club. FACT.

(FYI I love Mumford and Sons)

Edited by jump

Chase & Status have toured relentlesslly off 1 album for 3/4 years. They will surely break and Get back in the studio.

And the only statement there that isn't a fact is my opinion on Mumford. And I don't think they're big enough to sub because they have had 1 album out so far, the album in itself was only moderately successful. only 1 of the singles went big. if you look at the last 3 years alone the sub headliners have been established and succesful acts. QOTSA, 30 stm, Paramore, Elbow, Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, The Prodigy, Bloc Party. Mumford & Sons have got a long way to go before getting in to that club. FACT.

Not really a fact, as it's based on your interpretations of the terms established and successful, and also where Mumford are. I actually agree with you but nothing you've mentioned is a stone cold fact (apart from there being no Metallica pattern), more opinion or likehood. And while I really dislike Mumford I'd have to say that their album is more than just moderately successful.

So to summarise, no Mumford please.

Kasabian have confirmed in this weeks NME that they are doing Hyde Park, and strongly hinted it's for Hyde Park Calling. They have also said that they are doing a Scottish, Midlands and Northern gig.

Based on 'exclusive' headliner status Melvin likes for Reading, i think this rules them out of contention this year.

Mumford and Sons are massive. They sold millions of records, and sold out hammersmith apollo twice in minutes. If they played, they'd be second from top, no questions. If they wanted to, they could headline and sell out the o2

Kasabian have confirmed in this weeks NME that they are doing Hyde Park, and strongly hinted it's for Hyde Park Calling. They have also said that they are doing a Scottish, Midlands and Northern gig.

Based on 'exclusive' headliner status Melvin likes for Reading, i think this rules them out of contention this year.

Mumford and Sons are massive. They sold millions of records, and sold out hammersmith apollo twice in minutes. If they played, they'd be second from top, no questions. If they wanted to, they could headline and sell out the o2