Could Arcade Fire still play V?

Guest johnl

Hugely optimistic shout but they don't seem to have anything booked for V weekend yet and would be the perfect crowd-splitter to play opposite Eminem. Not announced til their London show sells out.....

I'm still feeling depressed about V, but Arcade Fire could save the day along with The Boxer Rebellion, Airborne Toxic Event, Macabees or even a late swerve back for REM. Come on V...Do something for the Old Indie Shoegazers amongst us!!

It's funny because Arcade Fire headlined R&L last year and have got a lot bigger since then, and they're doing their own gig in Hyde Park this Summer. Even though V has more pop acts than R&L and gives fewer prime slots to bands like Arcade Fire it's likely they'd see playing third at V as a bit of a step down.

It's funny because Arcade Fire headlined R&L last year and have got a lot bigger since then, and they're doing their own gig in Hyde Park this Summer. Even though V has more pop acts than R&L and gives fewer prime slots to bands like Arcade Fire it's likely they'd see playing third at V as a bit of a step down.

• 2 weeks later...

You aint wrong...

The IOW official forum is the same though...people are so far up the organisers arseholes you can barely see the bottom of their shoes...plus theres a bloke on there who writes EVERY post like he's a pirate...unbelievable.

IOW has some decent bands on the Saturday, Vaccines, Seasick Steve, Iggy...but, loath as I am to say it, think V's probably got the edge on supporting bands this year...

Mind you, Tinie Tempah's pulled out (shame his dad didn't) so we might get somebody half decent...

You aint wrong...

The IOW official forum is the same though...people are so far up the organisers arseholes you can barely see the bottom of their shoes...plus theres a bloke on there who writes EVERY post like he's a pirate...unbelievable.

IOW has some decent bands on the Saturday, Vaccines, Seasick Steve, Iggy...but, loath as I am to say it, think V's probably got the edge on supporting bands this year...

Mind you, Tinie Tempah's pulled out (shame his dad didn't) so we might get somebody half decent...

I should know better at my age...I've had it with the big UK ones now though...small is the way forward!

(annoying thing is, Kasabian I couldn't give a toss about about...KOL are mweh...its only Pulp & Foos that made me reach for the credit card and I've seen both of them loads)