V Festival= The confused vfestival goers

Guest boffy12

Have people not come to understand that v is a middle ground having acts like the wanted playing but then also lostprohphets is frustrating to see nobody is ever happy, nobody gets it. are v fest goers a litte confused about the type of fest there going?

discuss if your not too confused to understand.

Have people not come to understand that v is a middle ground having acts like the wanted playing but then also lostprohphets is frustrating to see nobody is ever happy, nobody gets it. are v fest goers a litte confused about the type of fest there going?

discuss if your not too confused to understand.

People get too hung up on music genres imo. I don't mind pop, as long as it's good pop. I'll go and watch any band/artist as long as i think they'll be good, but too many names on the line up leave me thinking, meh!! Very few of them are at the top of their musical trees.

And the similarity to the Radio 1 line up is galling when it's free.

People get too hung up on music genres imo. I don't mind pop, as long as it's good pop. I'll go and watch any band/artist as long as i think they'll be good, but too many names on the line up leave me thinking, meh!! Very few of them are at the top of their musical trees.

And the similarity to the Radio 1 line up is galling when it's free.

There's not to many people happy with any festival lineup this year, in my view there's 2 brilliant lineups this year bestival and primerva.

There's a few good lineups like rock werchter who have portishead, pj harvey, qotsa, linking park, chemical brothers, kol, arctic monkeys, grindermen, bright eyes to name a few but thered a few acts like bep, bruno mars, kesha.

Then there's a few average at best like v and reading/leeds, but you pay your money and take your chances.

Yes its a very pop lineup, but its sold out. That's what the organisers want, so there not going to complain....where reading/leeds on the other hand.

its not free, we pay for it via out licence fee. bbc like to use the word free so its like there giving us something. the fact is we pay for it and get approx 1 in 25 chance of getting a ticket.

its bound to be a similar line up cos they are targetting the same audience. that said i personally think the line up is slightly better than v due to the strength of the inmwt stage.

This is my 6th v and although there are alot of pop acts i will be avoiding i am looking forward to seeing primal scream, arctic monkeys, OCS, Cast, the courteeners and even Rhianna (guilty pleasure!) to name a few off the top of my head, but most of all i am looking forward to having a some FUN with hubby and good friends.

I Love V and have been since 2006, I met my wife to be there (although she was with our group I still actually met her at V!) and I proposed to her 2 years later in a tent at V! I usually book tickets without knowing which bands are playing as I feel the line up is some what secondary. This year I think V has completely sold out on an exclusive, Eminem!! Now don't get me wrong I will be going to see him as I think he's great but I think that is why the rest of the wkend is fairly weak. Other years the line up has been littered with tough clash decissions to make where as this year it'll be more a case of struggling to decide which one to bother watching!!

I Love V and have been since 2006, I met my wife to be there (although she was with our group I still actually met her at V!) and I proposed to her 2 years later in a tent at V! I usually book tickets without knowing which bands are playing as I feel the line up is some what secondary. This year I think V has completely sold out on an exclusive, Eminem!! Now don't get me wrong I will be going to see him as I think he's great but I think that is why the rest of the wkend is fairly weak. Other years the line up has been littered with tough clash decissions to make where as this year it'll be more a case of struggling to decide which one to bother watching!!

I have been going to V since 1998, and I expect a lot of pop at V. I think my issue is how it is "distributed" over the Festival.

I have no issue with Plan B or Rihanna, in fact I would have no issue in watching either, but the fact they are subbing Main Stage?

Plan B - headling Arena or subbing Second Stage - he will be lost on the Main Stage so I won't be watching.

Rihanna - mid afternoon pop (ala Pink, Girls Alound, All Saints in times gone by) not subbing. Waste of a spot in my opinion, and so obviously geared up completely on the basis of one song with Eminem - I think that 's complete narrow mindness.

I think Chelmsford is an example of how V has changed recently. The Second Stage (old Main Stage) is far superior to the new Main Stage in location, atmosphere, sound etc... but why did they move it? So they can fit move people in front of it. And how to fit more people in front of it, put on the most popular chart acts of the moment.

I'm actually not too down on this years line-up, looking forward to OCS (as always), Cast, Primal Scream, Fun Lovin Criminals, Wombats, Dizzee Rascal, Squeeze, Kele..... plus waiting for the Union Line-up, where I always end up seeing a lot of my favourite performances. And failing that, there's the Bacardi Bar etc.... bit of Kissy Sellout and co to drink and dance away to. (Add Gomez and Jamie T and I will more than happy!)

Most of all, I'm looking to spend quality time, watching some bands, and having fun with my friends.

However, the lack of "wow" at V has been lacking for a few years now, so can understand some peoples frustration.

I think their twitter says it all really: "V Festival 2011 is set to be the most eclectic yet". They've got such a variety even if it is favouring the pop acts more at the moment- but there's still more acts to be announced! V want a variety.

While many people are complaining about having a ticket for what they believe to be a crap festival, surely they've realised that as the years have gone on more and more pop acts are making their way up the lineup. V is catering for the younger audience that buy chart music, not hard core rock fans. It's for what they believe to be the typical festival goer, and at the moment these are increasingly popular with teens and students. If you look at the charts now Noah and the Whale are THE ONLY band there. This clearly shows that bands are not as popular for V's target audience.

All festivals have their identity and V's is mainstream. This includes pop acts like The Wanted which aren't to everyones taste. Instead of complaining people should perhaps go to festivals that are more suited to their music taste? it's just a suggestion.

agreed. v has always had pop/chart acts but if they not yr thing u could always escape them and see someone else. this year it seems to be overun by them which has gone down well with newbies but not with the regulars. think thats it in a nutshell