Glastonbury Bullring

Guest mcdrewson

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone mentioned before, this is beyond bizarre and certainly not something I'm comfortable with. At least not so far as what has been described to date.

What next, throwing a 'mock' donkey off the Park Tower?!? :O

Just for the record, bullfighting is hideously barbaric and has no place.....anywhere.....end of!

I'm pretty sure Auschwitz wasn't a cool structure.

The Pyramids are cool structures and we all go to see bands play on that at Glastonbury, but HOW many slaves died for that (in many parts of the world) and we don't go on about how it looks like we are encouaging slavery (which is still going on). Get a grip folks

Edited by russycarps

I just cannot believe they are going to simulate bull fighting at glastonbury. It's staggering.

It makes no sense at all, unless this is a massive anti-bullfighting campaign area, but there is no mention of that in the article.

The most bizarre thing I've heard of in ages. The must be some mistake, or misunderstanding.

I just cannot believe they are going to simulate bull fighting at glastonbury. It's staggering.

It makes no sense at all, unless this is a massive anti-bullfighting campaign area, but there is no mention of that in the article.

The most bizarre thing I've heard of in ages. The must be some mistake, or misunderstanding.

No idea. I dread to think. Probably some kind of "hilarious" earthquake machine where you stand on a wobbly floor then someone lashes a bucket of water in your face to simulate a tsunami.

It would be more tasteful than this bullring anyway.

Edited by neil999

Wiw. I can't believe people are getting so upset about something that we know very little about.

Why not wait until we know for definate whats going on their before we pass judgement on ME?

With the festivals long association with Greenpeace I can't suddenly see them changing tack and doing.something in poor taste.

Edited by redmosquito

Wiw. I can't believe people are getting so upset about something that we know very little about.

Why not wait until we know for definate whats going on their before we pass judgement on ME?

With the festivals long association with Greenpeace I can't suddenly see them changing tack and doing.something in poor taste.

I read this thread and lol'd.

Here's an idea, why not visit the structure during the festival, see what it's all about and then form an opinion.

If you really need something to rant and rave at in the meantime then why not join in discussions on whomever we happen to be bombing this week, maybe we missed some humans and accidentally killed some bulls.

Here's an idea, why not visit the structure during the festival, see what it's all about and then form an opinion.

If you really need something to rant and rave at in the meantime then why not join in discussions on whomever we happen to be bombing this week, maybe we missed some humans and accidentally killed some bulls.

Edited by russycarps

killing animals is a mucky business whichever way you dress it up. whether it be for sport or pleasure or the food we really don't need to eat any more.

the only variations it seems are in the semantics we apply to ease our human consciences.

to me, the concept of farming animals is pretty horrific, and i say that as a meat eater. but i like steak and sausages. i don't need them, i just like them. does that make me any better or worse than someone who kills a bull in a ring or shoots a wild boar? they don't need to do it either, they just like too.

when it comes down to it, i am not entirely sure it does.

killing animals is a mucky business whichever way you dress it up. whether it be for sport or pleasure or the food we really don't need to eat any more.

the only variations it seems are in the semantics we apply to ease our human consciences.

to me, the concept of farming animals is pretty horrific, and i say that as a meat eater. but i like steak and sausages. i don't need them, i just like them. does that make me any better or worse than someone who kills a bull in a ring or shoots a wild boar? they don't need to do it either, they just like too.

when it comes down to it, i am not entirely sure it does.

There is a vast difference, morally, between farmed meat and torture for entertainment.

There is no argument that if you are not a vegan you have no right to complain about blood sports.

Still pretty grumpy about this, hope that we are all wrong about it and the festival come back and explain that it is anything but something celebrating the proud history of animal cruelty for the entertainment of the people.