Dammit, they could've told me this *before* I paid my balanceba

Guest ItsBadForYa

Bit of a naff line up, bit to much like a top of the pops line up for me,glad Glasto get a good mix, for all...Even if there is stuff you detest ie " Bouncy ",then i am sure to find somethig else to watch...and i will :D

Edited by denwyn

TBF it is horses for courses. I know people that go to V for the day and love it (around my age). They would never dream of going to Glastonbury so I suppose this does give them a packaged festival experience and amongst the pop there are often pretty good acts to see.

Lumping all festivals togther is a mistake. If the article was about motoring it could read "KIA have brought out a new car with an engine and wheels....Ferrari - you have been warned!"......it is not comparing like with like.

I've never been to V, though I don't live far, as I've always assumed it was, basically, a children's pop festival and, from the OP, it seems I was right.

Now Sonisphere have The Mars Volta, Motorhead, Killing Joke, Sisters of Mercy, Metallica and Opeth and more, which is all tempting. Frakking tempting. Not mutually exclusive with Glastonbury though.

I have no doubt that Clemmie (the writer) was being entirely serious, if you look at the calibre of star she writes about regularly, the V acts would probably be the type of act she'd want to see.... though I like to think despite being a fan of both festivals I'm intelligent enough to know V isn't challenging for the crown in the grand scheme of things.

I do however think there's a bit of snobbery, the fact it's so mainstream means there's a clear audience for it. In fact I'd say the V line up is more to my personal taste than the Glastonbury one. V for sure has it's downfalls but a festival is a festival is a festival - they are all bloody brilliant. I know I'm going to have an awesome time, it just won't be on the same scale as Glastonbury will and not 'shit' just because it's predominantly pop acts...