Worst things about Glasto..?

Guest Groupie

:lol: I am not, but if your really telling me a good majority would like to pay £200 more for the circus acts and art installations fine :PI think theres bit of its GLASTONBURY! and the history associated with it and everything to but I'd imagine a lot do get tickets just expecting it to have great music acts on through out the days.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that annoys me are the people who think they have a divine right over others to be at the festival. No matter what age, creed, sex, whether you've never been or you've been fourty times, whether you go and spend all weekend in The Green Fields or if you spend all weekend at The Pyramid.

Everyone deserves to go and nobody should be treated less deserved of a ticket.

Having only been once so far, which was last year, so not having much experience of the place, the only bad thing was the long walk and wait to get in. Which, to be honest, was instantly forgotten about once we had found a place to set up our tents and cracked open our first beer. And that's no different to any other festival I've been to.

Every moment after that was brilliant, and has definately got me hooked for life. My only other gripe is not about the festival itself, but at myself. Why oh why did I wait so long to go to Glastonbury in the first place?

Edited by Thrash D Garbage

So you're walking from the car park, backpack on your shoulders and clipped round your waist, holding a crate under each arm. After about 15 minutes you've decided enough is enough, it's time to unclip the waist strap. A few minutes later you experiment with new ways to carry your beer: can you balance a crate on either shoulder? Or perhaps you can carry them both in front of your chest? Oh shit, my shoulders are really hurting now. And it feels like the tent is slipping off of my backpack. But I'd fastened it so well...

Shit f**k f**k, I've been here half an hour and I'm sweating like a mofo.

The only thing that annoys me are the people who think they have a divine right over others to be at the festival. No matter what age, creed, sex, whether you've never been or you've been fourty times, whether you go and spend all weekend in The Green Fields or if you spend all weekend at The Pyramid.

Everyone deserves to go and nobody should be treated less deserved of a ticket.

• F*cking chairs at or near the front of the main stage(s)

• Huge amount of flags at main stage(s)

Other than that it's fine, it's size can be a problem but that's also part of the beauty. The 'there to be seen and fashionable' crowd, although to me that's a cultural thing and not necessarily Glastonburys one.

So you're walking from the car park, backpack on your shoulders and clipped round your waist, holding a crate under each arm. After about 15 minutes you've decided enough is enough, it's time to unclip the waist strap. A few minutes later you experiment with new ways to carry your beer: can you balance a crate on either shoulder? Or perhaps you can carry them both in front of your chest? Oh shit, my shoulders are really hurting now. And it feels like the tent is slipping off of my backpack. But I'd fastened it so well...

Shit f**k f**k, I've been here half an hour and I'm sweating like a mofo.

Yes of course, it's the opinion of the majority that matters :rolleyes: . A good minority of people go to Glastonbury for the Greenfields, the circus fields and Shangri la. Infact you get alot of people that just wander around the whole time, as shown by some of the posts on here. It's ignorant and stupid to say that the people that claim it's not all about the bands are just mentalists because actually what they are saying is true and you saying that completely proves my point.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blackcockerel

Sure there are people like that but they have to respect that it's the masses of people who spend the money to come and see the bands that keep it going and give the people who aren't interested in the mainstream stuff a festival to have a good weekend. Without one you wouldn't have the other, and it probably works both ways. It's the patronising view of "if you're only interested in the music then you don't experience the real Glastonbury" when it's the people who pay for the music that keep the festival going in it's current format that's annoying, not the fact that there are people who don't go for the music.

Yes of course, it's the opinion of the majority that matters :rolleyes: . A good minority of people go to Glastonbury for the Greenfields, the circus fields and Shangri la. Infact you get alot of people that just wander around the whole time, as shown by some of the posts on here. It's ignorant and stupid to say that the people that claim it's not all about the bands are just mentalists because actually what they are saying is true and you saying that completely proves my point.