MYHAB

Guest lizzygoespunk

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An awful situation that has brought out the best in people. ME and GFL step in and all the disgruntled customers vow to not let it upset their week. Nice warm feeling......

Just a small point that I am not sure has been mentioned...MyHab have obviously handed over full details of who paid for what to GFL and/or the Green Tent company. This would point ot the fact that the owner has not done a bunk, otherwise I would have expected him to do/say nothing and just slope off with the cash. It may mean he has been stupid or naive rather than downright crooked and point to you all having some chance of at least a partial refund.

Enjoy the festival!

I've tried contacting GTC today to no avail as I am sure they are understandingly busy. Can any confirm...

The secure parking that will still exist is still 2mins away?

Portakabin with electric points, some people may call it a pamper parlour. I would call it a recharge centre :P will be there?

People who booked sleeping bags will still be provided with them? (I'm sure I've seen this answered but can't find it anymore)

Tbh these things probably pail into insignificance with what we could have been faced with. I just would like to know what I have to bring.

shouldn't see why not...your pass is a residents pass that will let you in/out of the lane leading to/from East Pennard village. Think there may be a small one way system round the village but otherwise once you're on the A37 you should be able to go right or left (North towards Shepton). Just beware though that on Weds/Thurs/Fri traffic coming from the South will be queuing past the end of the lane towards entrances to East carparks in Pylle village so you could get caught in that if you turn left.

have fun B)

Having dealt with this type of situation before, not getting service from a provider, I hope the following information helps:

Contact the local trading standards office and inform them, they will advise the best course of action. In the interim, write a formal letter to MyHab requesting a refund for the money paid. Send this via email and then print and send recorded delivery.

Specify a timeframe for response. I'd suggest 14 days.

Reference all above documents, and get a small claims court form ready to send in. This costs approx £40 and should be available on websites or hard copies from local court.

When a company goes bust, its often a long drawn out process to get any money back - prepare yourself for a battle and fingers crossed!

Credit Cards may offer some protection, this course may be best.

Contact your local CAB they will also be able to provide advice and guidance.

Hope this helps somewhat - if you have time, please do try and do this as soon as you can.

If anyone on site could ask a question for me? It would be greatly appreciated!

We arrive tomorrow and had booked Myhab tent with sleeping bags and pillows provided.

Could you ask if the sleeping bags are still being provided? It's a bit unclear whether they are being given only to the people who booked myhabs. Else I have to go and buy a couple tonight.

Thanks in advance. Keep any updates coming they are a great help :)

Have fun everyone

Can anyone comment on the location on this camping site? I did a few google map searches and it seems it hangs off the bottom by a bit of a distance.

03jun221046.jpg

It'd be a real pain if it were that distance. I'm almost tempted to buy a cheap tent and setup one on the main campsite instead, and maybe wander down to the 'luxury' site for a shower each day.

I'd also be interested to know whether you can access the site from the bottom or whether you need to go all the way around to the top?

Edited by reticent

My wife has just arrived this morning (hi Charlie!). I can,t get hold of her to chat but I do know she's put up our own tent so there's room. For the record getting into site is easy. It's a very steep short hill but it takes you in behind the tipi field near the Park. I was there last year and it's not too bad at all. Takes 5 mins to get in that's all.

Can anyone comment on the location on this camping site? I did a few google map searches and it seems it hangs off the bottom by a bit of a distance.

03jun221046.jpg

It'd be a real pain if it were that distance. I'm almost tempted to buy a cheap tent and setup one on the main campsite instead, and maybe wander down to the 'luxury' site for a shower each day.

I'd also be interested to know whether you can access the site from the bottom or whether you need to go all the way around to the top?