Phone Chargers

Guest cambyman

I know there is various stands where you can charge your phone at Rockness but those were quite dear apart from the Scottish Hydro who done it free bur never seemed to have a spare iPhone point.

Has anybody used this or similar

http://www.######.com/festival-universal-phone-charger-6000mah-p-570.html

Thinking of buying one.

Edited by cambyman

The link is dead...

These are meant to be good and give 3 full charges -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Trent-ultra-pack-5000mAh-Universal/dp/B003Y58CVC/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IBLZ8JPBD0X6G&colid=37XS3MFEW882R

I normally take an old Sony Ericsson to festivals as the battery lasts all weekend. Can't see the need for a smartphone!?

There is also this one for less than half the price but i'd look for reviews first!

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/powerfreakz-evolution-2500-portable-charger-for-iphone-ipod-mobiles-pdas-mp3s-ds-plus-more-see-list?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=google+shopping

Edited by msr

I've just ordered one of these ones: TeckNetDual-Port iEP280 5000mAh from Amazon. I've only got a Sony ericcson W995, but i'd rather leave an external battery getting recharged than my phone itself!

happycamper155, the iPhone 4 is supposed to have an 1420 mAh battery, so the 1900mAh external battery should only manage one charge if it is at full capacity - which rechargeable batteries rarely are. Could just have been a slightly faulty battery. Also it seems that the lights on theunits are not an accurate indicator of the power, 3 lights stay on for ages, then very quickly drop to 2 then 1 according to some reviews, so i am not sure how you are supposed to know when they are fully charged or may only be 50% charged, yet all 3 lights may be on???

Edited by ScottishMetalHead

My phone has lasted the whole weekend the last few year but the battery life has went down the past while, so I plan just taking a spare charged up battery and swap it when/if needed! I do this when im away working and listening to the radio. But two fully charged batterys would normally allow me to listen to the radio all day (10 hours) Then I always have my 12v charged incase and i just plug it into the car/tractor or anything that allows me to!

Not a fancy phone mind you just a Sony Ericsson, would think these iphone batterys would be expensvie?

The free charging for iphones wasn't great last year as there were no mains chargers. They were charging iphones through USB ports on the computer at the stand so even if you left the phone for a few hours it only got a small charge.

I bought a solar charger from Play.com the other day for £9.99 which has attachements for most phones (not Blackberry), tried it out yesterday and gives a decent charge over a small amount of time.

Intending to make full use of the Rockness App over the weekend so plan is just wear the small solar panel round my neck so that iphone gets charged as I stoat about for the weekend...

...unless it pisses with rain all weekend :lol:

I've just ordered one of these ones: TeckNetDual-Port iEP280 5000mAh from Amazon. I've only got a Sony ericcson W995, but i'd rather leave an external battery getting recharged than my phone itself!

happycamper155, the iPhone 4 is supposed to have an 1420 mAh battery, so the 1900mAh external battery should only manage one charge if it is at full capacity - which rechargeable batteries rarely are. Could just have been a slightly faulty battery. Also it seems that the lights on theunits are not an accurate indicator of the power, 3 lights stay on for ages, then very quickly drop to 2 then 1 according to some reviews, so i am not sure how you are supposed to know when they are fully charged or may only be 50% charged, yet all 3 lights may be on???

Edited by happycamper155

My iphone is getting left at home, the battery is so guff id be surprised if my phone had any charge by the time ive pitched my tent. The trusty old Sony Ericcson will be coming to Rockness once more along with the spare battery i got off ebay last year.

It does the job, ive no interest in using my phone for the internet etc when im at Rockness!!