Highlights/Lowlights

Guest Elbear

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlights

Kasabian - amazing as per usual, loved the cover of I Feel Love and new tunes sounded great. Opening with Club Foot was the best moment of my weekend!

Two Door Cinema Club - great band, was so good for a sing-a-long/dance.

Zane Lowe - normally I can't stand this guy but thought his set was really good, got everyone jumping about.

Example - still can't believe how good he was, favourite act from saturday.

The Chemical Brothers - light show is just unreal.

Annie Mac - not as good as previous years I don't think but still love her.

The Wombats - brilliant set, didn't like their new stuff at first listen but really like it now.

Paolo Nutini - shouldn't have been headlining but still thoroughly enjoyed his set, good wee dance to end the weekend.

Scenery - as always.

Fireworks at the end.

Chips and Curry sauce.

The noodle bars.

Campsite banter.

Lowlights

Our train being full and being put on a bus to Inverness from Perth.

The disastrous lay-out of the pick-up/drop off bit, we were £30 in a taxi from the train station because the road was so blocked.

Glasvegas - absolutely awful, can't understand how anyone likes them.

Magnetic Man MC - terrible banter. BLOW, EVERYBODY BLOW! Also don't like people wearing kilts just for being in Scotland. Samuel L Jackson is the only person who is allowed to wear a kilt!

Dubstep - can't dance to it, too slow, and there was too much of it.

Missing acts - didn't get in the arena till 7 cuz of the traffic on friday.

The rain on sunday night.

Sunburn.

Moshing.

Leaving.

GREAT WEEKEND.

hightlights;

paul ritch

the afterburner

camp site banter

when pan pot dropped the dub track (len faki remix)

sub club tent

lowlights;

pricks that jump about like idiots

"here we f**kin go"

price

lack of toilets

the amount of police

Lowlights:

the bus i booked for me and my mates to get us there arriving late and two 16 seaters arriving instead of one 24.

the bag carriers i paid for with the christmas stocking ticket not knowing what the f was happening and charging us a tenner to take a wheelbarrow ourselve and carry it up. eventually an hour later they were clued up and were made to march all our luggage to the other end of the vip campsite.

one group of girl neighbours and older couple who just did not look the part acting like total gurning pricks because our lot were having fun.

missing dj shadow, nero and skrillex on friday aswell as andrew weatherall, cuban brothers, funk d'void, black strobe and modeselektor over the weekend.

witnessing some of glasvegas and rob da bank. both pish.

The screw up that was the rock n roll circus, despite during the build up, being reminded by jim king to basically stay in there all weekend. no thanks mate.

being so out my face i didnt know i was toally sunburt, then feeling the pain sunday night.

dropping my my mate on my own head during chemical brothers.

LAIDBACK LUKE- ONE OF THE WORST IVE EVER SEEN,... EVER!

THE HIGHLIGHTS:

Realizing how the layout of vip camping makes everything much easier and trips from the arena to the tents more frequent if needed.

Clean toilets!

Free lucozade!

Annie Mac looking bang tidy on Saturday!

Kasabian. On a related note, this set was much better than their TITP one from last year so I can inform my TITP bum boy mates that they really did miss out this year.

Clouds in The Sub Club.

Despite f**king about in the campsite all weekend and being a lot more wrecked than usual. Still managing to catch a healthy ammount of acts.

The banter in the campsite being the best yet.

GOLDENVOICE SUNDAY BEST ON SUNDAY!

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS.

Highlights;

DJ Shadow

Paul Ritch

Japanese Popstars

Telford

Sensu

Chemical Brothers

Magda

Pan Pot

Jamie Jones

SMD

Boys Noize

Lows:

Neds

Erol Alkan

Toilets

Food prices

Worst act award:

Laidback Luke - the worst DJ I have ever seen. No mixing, just stopping and starting ned singalong anthems. Mind candy for 12 year olds.

First year at Rockness :) ...

Highlights:

Kasabian - Best I've seen them sinse T'07

The Chemical Brothers - Expectedly brilliant

Zane Lowe - Looked like he was loving it

Katy B - Better than I thought she would be, plus shes rather nice

The Wombats - probably had one of the bigger singalongs of the weekend

Frightened Rabbit/Broken Records - both brilliant home talents

Lissie/Vintage Trouble - Both hugely talented, deserved better crowds

Sub Focus - Awesome

Modeselektor - banging

Barry Peters - hilarious

Comedy tent - mostly good banter

Jagerbombs on the bar!

The Backdrop to the mainstage, stunning

The atmosphere being mostly chilled

Lowlights:

Our bus being late

Missing Nero due to this

Lack of food places? (may just be me, bit spoiled with T n such)

£4.10 for said Jagerbomb!

Pablo - I feel bad for putting him in this bit, as he did alright, but not as a last night headliner, covers were good, but too many slow numbers.

Glasvegas, Brother, both rubbish in their own way

Freezing at night, hot during the day = nearly no sleep

No advertising for the unsigned bands, nearly missed one of my local bands (The Draymin) due to complete lack of advertising at the Jagerstage.

Slightly poor booking of stages, can imagine its discouraging for alot of acts when they are coming on to a mostly empty field etc, acts that were on main shouldve been in a tent etc

Not at all bad for a place that is still growing, mentioned before though that they may need to move to a more niche market like Bestival if they are to continue to progress.

Highlights:

Chemical Brothers

Sub Focus

Magnetic Man

DJ Shadow

Two Door Cinema Club

Modeselektor

Loads of campsite banter yet still managing to see tons of acts

Lowlights:

Bus being late so ended up missing Skrillex, Nero and DJ Yoda

Taking the tent down in the rain

The toilets (as expected at all festivals though)

Sniffer dogs

All in all an amazing first year at Rockness, will be returning next year for sure!

Highlights

Beardyman

Sub Focus

Basically everything about The Golden Voice Tent

Red McGregor

The surroundings

The weather

Lowlights

Paulo headlining (daytime slot would have been better)

Tuborg!!!!!!

Glasvegas being invited

The food available in the campsite

Highlights

Efest camp banter, simply hillarious although I feel sorry for anyone camped nearbye.:lol:

Stovies

Erol Alkan on The Afterburner, absolutely amazing

The Wombats

The Dance Off during Yoda

Groove Armada, wasn't expecting much but they were immense

Free Drambuie

Two Door Cinema Club

Bacardi Coctails

The Chemical Brothers live show

Boys Noize

Simian Mobile Disco

Free Stuff.B)

Lowlights

Overenthusiastic security who don't know how to do their jobs

Monday mornings weather

Bus home being an hour late

Going back to work today.:(

Going to add more to my personal lowlight section here, just about the general atmosphere I felt this year. Although the atmosphere was still good it just didn't feel like Rockness. In general I just feel the original spark of Rockness was lost this year with the headliners chosen. Those who have been going to Rockness for years want/deserve to be praised for their dedication to the festival's sucess with headliners like Primal Scream however the headliners (2/3 this year) were clearly out to target a new audience (Top 40 fans). Last year I said the festival could either turn out like the Scottish Bestival or a little TITP. Sadly I believe this year has cemented the latter. The headliners have a massive part in this as I know many of the Top 40/X-Factor fans, clueless to the majority of the line-up, who solely went to see Paolo and Kasabian while being oblivious to everything else and starting mosh-pits at The Chemical Brothers and Fake Blood among others. Just my two cents on this year but that said I will wait for the headliner announcements for next year before I decide to go or not.

This was my first Rockness, I'm sad to have seemingly just missed out on the special Rockness atmosphere. Even I was surprised when the three headliners were announced though, it definitely has become, and I don't mean this in a pretentious way, but less dance-orientated.

After hearing her new song in the car today I was reminded of another lowlight. I don't mean to generalise but I met far too many annoying f**kers my age who were mad Wombats fans who had the cheek to slag Ms Dynamite for being naff. Only the most successful female in UK garage eh...

This was my first Rockness, I'm sad to have seemingly just missed out on the special Rockness atmosphere. Even I was surprised when the three headliners were announced though, it definitely has become, and I don't mean this in a pretentious way, but less dance-orientated.

After hearing her new song in the car today I was reminded of another lowlight. I don't mean to generalise but I met far too many annoying f**kers my age who were mad Wombats fans who had the cheek to slag Ms Dynamite for being naff. Only the most successful female in UK garage eh...

Going to add more to my personal lowlight section here, just about the general atmosphere I felt this year. Although the atmosphere was still good it just didn't feel like Rockness. In general I just feel the original spark of Rockness was lost this year with the headliners chosen. Those who have been going to Rockness for years want/deserve to be praised for their dedication to the festival's sucess with headliners like Primal Scream however the headliners (2/3 this year) were clearly out to target a new audience (Top 40 fans). Last year I said the festival could either turn out like the Scottish Bestival or a little TITP. Sadly I believe this year has cemented the latter. The headliners have a massive part in this as I know many of the Top 40/X-Factor fans, clueless to the majority of the line-up, who solely went to see Paolo and Kasabian while being oblivious to everything else and starting mosh-pits at The Chemical Brothers and Fake Blood among others. Just my two cents on this year but that said I will wait for the headliner announcements for next year before I decide to go or not.

I had a good weekend at Rockness, but in 4 years I've never came back and described it as just good - usually I have a fantastic time and love the whole vibe that the festival brings. This year has been a bit disappointing. The atmosphere has changed, more neds this year and the line up was just average. Also noticed a lck of the Soulwax Tent this year. DJ Shadow,Groove Armada, Beardyman, Example and The Chemical Brothers stood out for me. Paulo finishing was dreary (went for a look and got so depressed I had to leave)

The car park was miles away from the VIP area (which was massive this year and no better than general) Usually the car park is adjacent to the

campsite. Also the car park on Monday morning was hellish - where's the car park folk when you need them.

I hope that the Rockness organisers read the forums and realise that the real music fans that this festival attracts don't want a mini TITP.

There were so many Dickheads there this year it was unreal. And to much mosh pits ruins the experience. If this is what the Rockness atmosphere is going to be like in future then I will be getting worried that our unique festival is going to be ruined.

Well, as a change of tune to folk saying there were plenty of dickheads and general arses in the crowds I disagree. It was only me and my mate camping and the folk around us were generally sound. Got chatting to a few nice people inside the arena too.

Edited by RMcCole

I met a load of genuinely great people at RN, including the people we camped beside & many people I randomly chatted to - esp. in the Comedy Tent.

But I did feel a 'T'-esque vibe - but it only really impacted me when I was down at the main stage, I personally didn't come across too much shite anywhere else.

Highlights =>

Chemical brothers

Simian mobile disco

Magnetic man

Laidback luke

Boys noize

Arcadia afterburner

Hog roasts!!!

The argentinian food tent

Apple spiced nail from the drambuie tent

Lowlights =>

Slow mo staff @ the drambuie tent