Next Year

Guest SelfHealer84

Ok I know this year has barely finished,and it was amazing. Lets get excited for next year, it's not that far away wooo. Who do you fancy for the 3 headliners, I reckon some of this lot below are very possible.

Arctic Monkeys or Arcade Fire

Beastie Boys or Chase and Status

Deadmau5 or (finally) the return of Daft Punk

any other ideas?

Just ban Dubstep and I'll be happy. Oh, and get the original layout back!

Headliner will be Fatboy Slim.

Moby and Primal Scream with him would be ideal but we'll probably get Beady Eye and James Morrison.

Edited by Festie--Follower

I read somewhere that the three acts Jim King wanted to headline next years festival were Arcade Fire, Daft Punk and Florence and the Machine.

Personally would be very happy with them three!!

I would say Arcade Fire are too big to headline in comparison to other headliners the fest has had although I'd love to see it. Primal Scream are obviously a popular choice amongst Rockness goers but they're everywhere this year, so I would personally not want them playing even though I know they'd put on an amazing show.

If Daft Punk are touring Rockness will go for them but so will TITP and it'll be down to if TITP want to try and out muscle Rockness as they can clearly afford to pay more money.

Deadmau5 and The Beastie Boys are good shouts, perhaps even a hip hop artist like Kanye West or Eminem. I'd imagine tehy'll be trying to book Justice but I can't see them as headliners unless the new album is massive.

It all really depends what direction the fest is going, will it have another Paulo Nutinni like act? Only time will tell.

Some of the names that come across my mind are.. Beastie Boys, Moby, Daft Punk, Arcade Fire, Justice

I can imagine Swedes or Mau5 headlining Goldenvoice on one of the days next year. I certainly don't welcome back Fatboy until at least 2013! I could see Biffy playing again, and Florence and Machine. Kings of Leon can gtf.

Carl Cox hasnt played since 06, I reckon he might well be an afterburner headliner for 12'. I had always thought Faithless would play Rockers, but that isn't to be with their split.

I was so gutted to miss 09 - Basement Jaxx must of been amazing.

I would say Arcade Fire are too big to headline in comparison to other headliners the fest has had although I'd love to see it. Primal Scream are obviously a popular choice amongst Rockness goers but they're everywhere this year, so I would personally not want them playing even though I know they'd put on an amazing show.

If Daft Punk are touring Rockness will go for them but so will TITP and it'll be down to if TITP want to try and out muscle Rockness as they can clearly afford to pay more money.

Deadmau5 and The Beastie Boys are good shouts, perhaps even a hip hop artist like Kanye West or Eminem. I'd imagine tehy'll be trying to book Justice but I can't see them as headliners unless the new album is massive.

It all really depends what direction the fest is going, will it have another Paulo Nutinni like act? Only time will tell.

Edited by BenchBuddah

If Arcade Fire are still touring and I doubt they will be. T In The Park will snap them up, no doubt about it.

As for Kasabian being bigger, this may well be true but I would say Arcade Fire have more pulling power as a live act. But I guess it's a matter of opinion.

If Arcade Fire are still touring and I doubt they will be. T In The Park will snap them up, no doubt about it.

As for Kasabian being bigger, this may well be true but I would say Arcade Fire have more pulling power as a live act. But I guess it's a matter of opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not suggesting this is realistic - but the Flaming Lips and Weezer are currently on a joint headlining tour of North America, where they share the stage and take turns playing a song. I'd definitely buy a ticket if that show was headlining one of the days.