Next Year

Guest SelfHealer84

I'm not suggesting this is realistic - but the Flaming Lips and Weezer are currently on a joint headlining tour of North America, where they share the stage and take turns playing a song. I'd definitely buy a ticket if that show was headlining one of the days.

Not going to lie, i'd be pretty gutted if I had either/both Arcade Fire and Florence headlining. Florence would be decent 1 or 2 under the headliner on any day but she'd be another Paolo Nutini (A few hits and good songs but not really headliner material). Arcade Fire are the same. I like their music but be it Friday/Saturday/Sunday, is this really the kind of music you want played headlining?

Not going to lie, i'd be pretty gutted if I had either/both Arcade Fire and Florence headlining. Florence would be decent 1 or 2 under the headliner on any day but she'd be another Paolo Nutini (A few hits and good songs but not really headliner material). Arcade Fire are the same. I like their music but be it Friday/Saturday/Sunday, is this really the kind of music you want played headlining?

Westlife/Take That are two massive bands in the world, sell millions of records. Wouldn't want them at a festival though haha :P . Arcade Fire just dont really strike me as a good festival band despite them being a good band generally. I'd love to go see them at a gig, even 1 or 2 below at a festival, but not headlining :rolleyes:

Westlife/Take That are two massive bands in the world, sell millions of records. Wouldn't want them at a festival though haha :P . Arcade Fire just dont really strike me as a good festival band despite them being a good band generally. I'd love to go see them at a gig, even 1 or 2 below at a festival, but not headlining :rolleyes:

Good enough to headline Coachella but not quite big enough to headline Rockness? Trust me, I watched them hewadline at Leeds last year and it was mindblowing. I can assure you that Arcade fire are a headline act and will be for many years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see Arcade Fire at Rockness!!!

I think they will play T instead tho as will Daft Punk if they tour.

Headliners i'd love that are possible to get: Moby, Massive Attack or Underworld, Primal Scream

Headliners that it will probably be 3 of : Swedish House Mafia, Guetta, Deadmau5, Biffy Clyro, Pendulum, Chase & Status

I would take Deadmau5 but would be wary of the crowd he might attract, him and SHM would attract loads of ned types.

Lower down the pecking order would also like to have: Crystal Method, Simian (back), Soulwax, Vitalic, Alex Gaudino, Chicane, Manics and Sasha & Digweed paining up would be immense.

I would love... Daft Punk (obviously). Justice, Etienne De Crecy, Deadmau5 would be alright... Soulwax, Sebastian Leger, Chemical Brothers (which will hopefully/most likely appear), Underworld, Orbital and maybe Lützenkirchen. But... not getting my hopes up :P kind of hope there is more that kind of music than the likes of biffy clyro though... or how sad, olly murs (surely not). and the less neds the better.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally took the plunge and bought one of the £99 tickets (which yes are still on sale). This will be my first Rock Ness and I'm really looking forward to it because the line up has always interested me but I've just never taken the plunge. I hope Daft Punk play but will take most of the ideas brought up in this thread :D