Does V Festival need to change?

Guest Dirty_Dave

V is now officially a Pop festival in my eyes. Only reason I'm going (after saying "never gain" 2 years ago) is that I'm not going on holiday and it's 10 minutes down the road from me. The line-up isn't 100% to my tastes, but no festival is going to please everyone. There's a handful of acts I'd like to see, but I don't feel it needs to improve the lineup, as it's bound to please shedloads of people (hence why it sold out so quick).

But I would be much more willing to go in future if the toilets were improved, beer was easier to obtain, it was cleaner (in general) and they didn't keep changing the layout! The mainstage was in a terrible position 2009. It may have moved back last year, so feel free to correct me.

• 3 weeks later...

Think the beauty of Glastonbury is that there is something for all musical tastes. If you don't like the big acts there's plenty of other stages to see or none music attractions

With V the four stages have similar sort of acts on and there isn't much else to do if none of the stages have an act you want to see. Will be interesting to see if the comedy stage this year changes a bit. Would also like to see a greater variety of food stalls at V as that's something else you get at Glastonbury that makes it a bit different

Does V need to change? It has changed & they're reaping the benefits. Up until around 2007 V was essentially the same as R&L with a smattering of pop acts instead of the lock-up/dance tent but without a comedy/alternative tent. Download & the newly emerging Sonisphere have got the rock market cornered between them & the V people saw a gap in the market for a more T4/chart music festival & the results speak for themselves. R&L still hasn't sold out this year yet V has! Bear in mind that V has 1 less full day of bands & far worse facilities/entertainment than the likes of Download/R&L, so their costs are substantially less yet still charges the same price, in a market near saturation V is still raking it in.

They just need to have two separate things, like Vstaffs and Vchelms in alternate years have a Poppy festival at Chelmsford then the year after in staffordshire, then vice versa with rock...

I realise Reading and leeds hasn't sold out this year, but i feel that it could work nicely that way, and become better and at least certainly challenge it, a bit of variety never hurt anyone!