2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, the Mondays.

one of my favourite bands ever. i'm not sure if that is despite, or because of, what they are like.

i have seen them play absolute blinders, absolute stinkers and everywhere inbetween.

though for the life of me i couldn't see them headline Glastonbury, not on a main stage anyway.

would it be beyond the realms of cheesey nostalgia to see them on the bill at the Roses gigs though?

That's the report of the mondays that I always remember. I hope they wouldn't waste prime slots on either of the main stages on them.

I still think that with the ever changing mood of the british music listening public that it is too early to say. I have felt that glastonbury line-ups have become more and more linked to nostalgia and less to current form and am kind of crying out for something that excites me, rather than a trip down memory lane. For that reason alone I think that Elbow would be one of the best choices, simply because they are making their best music today, which is hardly something that could be said about most headliners from the last few years (although fair play to coldplay for achieving success with their latest offering).

I'd love Bjork for the other stage, I'd miss any clash for that (well, except maybe PJ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Arcade Fire

Katy Perry

The Gaslight Anthem

Two Door Cinema Club

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

The Stone Roses

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Dr. Dre

Pixie Lott

The Courteeners

Metallica

Pixies

Roxy Music

Cliff Richard

Bright Eyes

Other Stage headliners: Pendulum, My Chemical Romance, The Black Keys

Arcade Fire

Katy Perry

The Gaslight Anthem

Two Door Cinema Club

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

The Stone Roses

Dr. Dre - Can't see Dre doing anything but headline

Pixie Lott

The Courteeners

Metallica - Really can't see this ever happening, I recon the heaviest headliner you'd get would be The Foo Fighters.

Pixies

Roxy Music

Cliff Richard

Bright Eyes

Other Stage headliners: Pendulum, My Chemical Romance, The Black Keys

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a little think at what I would want for 2013, doubt much of it would happen but hey-ho :P

Dizzee Rascal

Bloc Party

Weezer

Cypress Hill

The Enemy

Damien Marley

Lana Del Rey

Foster The People

Arctic Monkeys

Pendulum

Example

The Vaccines

Vampire Weekend

Ed Sheeran

Seasick Steve

Boney M (:P)

Led Zeppelin

Biffy Clyro

Mumford & Sons

Slash

Jack White

The Subways

The Courteeners

The King Blues

OTHER STAGE

Noel Gallagher's HFB

Editors

The Gaslight Anthem

Chase & Status

Enter Shikari

MGMT

Tenacious D

The Offspring

Lostprophets

And then John Peel headliners: Beady Eye, Tinie Tempah, Bullet For My Valentine.

Park Stage: Miles Kane, Feeder, De La Soul.

East Dance: Deadmau5, DMX, Skrillex

The Stone Roses

New Order

The Happy Mondays

Kanye West

Rihanna

Dizzee Rascal

The Rolling Stones

Pixies

The Black Keys

Roxy Music

Sort of a stab in the dark really, The Stone Roses would seem likely if they can stay together and The Rolling Stones are about to tour according to Ron Wood. the trajectory of Glastonbury seems to be heading towards Kanye playing, he went down a storm at Cochella last year (not so much at Big Chill though). All 3 acts are amongst my favourite ever acts, so there's personal bias in there as well. New Order, Happy Mondays and Noel seem like natural subs for Stone Roses, all 3 are sound acts (I've not seen Noel's own show yet, but the album was reasonably decent experience). I'm less enthusiastic about Rihanna and Dizzee, but I've seen both of them live and I was rather impressed by both even though pop isn't my cup of tea these days, and they're both big pop names that would fit Kanye and the festival's recent direction. I love Pixies and I have never seen them live, so that's why they're under The Stones, surely they've earned the right to play there, they're legends in their own right. Black Keys, up and coming act, a good solid act, they look like they'll be bona-fide rock stars by 2013. Roxy Music are a classic, I've no idea what their live performance is like these days, but the name alone earns them a spot in my eyes. Probably very inaccurate, I'd probably say Blur would play before Kanye or The Stones, but there we go. It would be a near-enough dream line-up for me anyway.

Do you reckon we could have Jesus And The Mary Chain in there somewhere? I'm not exactly sure where (obviously not headliner), but maybe headlining somewhere else. I suggested them as a potential Bestival headliner and got shot down, so not sure if they'd do Other or JPT.

I'd also like to see Dylan (yeah, I know he's nothing like before etc. etc), Justice, The XX, Earth Wind And Fire, Newsom amongst others. A possible place for Nas? Would love it.

With regards to headliners, I'd love any from Fleetwood, Arcade Fire, Roses, Gaga, Radiohead, however, I hope Stones play one day, or something else, purely so there's one I wouldn't see. Is Tom Petty big enough?

Just had a little think at what I would want for 2013, doubt much of it would happen but hey-ho :P

Dizzee Rascal

Bloc Party

Weezer

Cypress Hill

The Enemy

Damien Marley

Lana Del Rey

Foster The People

Arctic Monkeys

Pendulum

Example

The Vaccines

Vampire Weekend

Ed Sheeran

Seasick Steve

Boney M ( :P)

Led Zeppelin

Biffy Clyro

Mumford & Sons

Slash

Jack White

The Subways

The Courteeners

The King Blues

OTHER STAGE

Noel Gallagher's HFB

Editors

The Gaslight Anthem

Chase & Status

Enter Shikari

MGMT

Tenacious D

The Offspring

Lostprophets

And then John Peel headliners: Beady Eye, Tinie Tempah, Bullet For My Valentine.

Park Stage: Miles Kane, Feeder, De La Soul.

East Dance: Deadmau5, DMX, Skrillex

• 2 weeks later...