2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Sigur Ros could headline the Other Stage. Their annouuncement of an exclusive at Bestival is one of the biggest bookings of the summer.

On the basis that they subbed in 2003 (or whenever it was, 2002 perhaps?) and they're defo not bigger now than they were then I'd say they're something less than Other Stage headliner.

The types who have mobbed that stage for the likes of Jessie J, La Roux, and screeching Flo in recent years wouldn't have a clue who Sigur Ros are.

Going to see how well their album goes down (no doubt, fantastically), before seeing if they could do what.

I do agree with eFests about their popularity and stuff, pretty big following, but probably not enough for headlining that Glasto stage. Quite a weird one, they could have headlined Bestival easy, and after looking; Bestival headliners are usually the size of an Other stage headliner. Except, Stevie Wonder, New Order, etc.

Either way, they could play anywhere really, if I can get a Glasto ticket and Sigur Ros show up though. single tear. 4313_8928.gif

On the basis that they subbed in 2003 (or whenever it was, 2002 perhaps?) and they're defo not bigger now than they were then I'd say they're something less than Other Stage headliner.

The types who have mobbed that stage for the likes of Jessie J, La Roux, and screeching Flo in recent years wouldn't have a clue who Sigur Ros are.

I would disagree. How many big hits do The Flaming Lips have? Do You Realize being the obvious one, perhaps She Don't Use Jelly and Race For The Prize at a push but they don't actually have that many songs that the casual listener would know. Perhaps Sigur Ros aren't as big as The Flaming Lips but I don't think there's much difference in size.

Oh, I'm not trying to claim that FL have loads of hits, but they have some - which is more than SR have. But those hits cause FL to be much more widely known than SR are.